2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

LMC Truck dash replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used armorall for years on Chevy's and Fords in this blistering southern sun and heat, guess what no cracked dash's on anything other than the goat. I'm calling B.S on the armorall theory. I'm sticking with poor quality on Dodge's part. The chocolate wafer of an oreo cookie is thicker than the dash board material on these trucks. Finally got some contractors paying me so thinkin' LMC will be getting a call pretty soon. From all the photo's on here and comments sounds like a top notch product. Thanks to all for the posts and info on this topic.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered the new dash for my sons truck from wholesalemopar.com. Paid a little more but it looks exact.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:20 PM

Woo hoo. According to UPS tracking my new dash from LMC was delivered to my house this afternoon. Now just need to find some free time to put it in.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by rbeitz
Woo hoo. According to UPS tracking my new dash from LMC was delivered to my house this afternoon. Now just need to find some free time to put it in.
Just about 60 minutes or less...best hour I have ever used on the Dodge..
Old 09-07-2011, 09:46 PM

Well I got home this evening after dark and I asked my wife where she put my UPS package. Well long story short the UPS guy delivered my new dash down the road to another address!!! I live on Pine Forge Rd and they delivered the package to Pine Lane. This mixup has happened before with Fedex but never with UPS. I am really disappointed in them. So the kind folks over on Pine Lane had called and said they had a package on their front porch for me. I ran right over and picked it up.

Got home and opened up the box and it looks like it is going to be a near perfect match for my dash. I have to question LMC becuase if this is what they consider a crayola crayon light gray then their dark gray must be darn near black in color. Glad I went ahead and ordered the gray dash instead of waiting for the dark gray dash to come back in stock in 8 or 9 more weeks.

Looks like my next free time may be on Friday. Hope to get it put in then. I will do my best to post up some pictures of the install.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:33 AM

Well I got home this evening after dark and I asked my wife where she put my UPS package. Well long story short the UPS guy delivered my new dash down the road to another address!!! I live on Pine Forge Rd and they delivered the package to Pine Lane. This mixup has happened before with Fedex but never with UPS. I am really disappointed in them. So the kind folks over on Pine Lane had called and said they had a package on their front porch for me. I ran right over and picked it up.

Got home and opened up the box and it looks like it is going to be a near perfect match for my dash. I have to question LMC becuase if this is what they consider a crayola crayon light gray then their dark gray must be darn near black in color. Glad I went ahead and ordered the gray dash instead of waiting for the dark gray dash to come back in stock in 8 or 9 more weeks.

Looks like my next free time may be on Friday. Hope to get it put in then. I will do my best to post up some pictures of the install.
I was thinkin the same. The GRAY dash isn't really that light. Not like the coloring on my door panels. It is very close to matching the lower dash and the air bag insert.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like i said the tan was waay lite until I wiped it down then it darkened and matches the airbag pretty close
Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Chapter President

Rbeitz,

At least you don't have a neighbor like me. Wife got a package, well she didn't but wondered where it was. Come to find out UPS screwed up and left it at neighbors house. This lady put it in her house and kept it there for two weeks when UPS found their mistake and came a knocking. I guess this lady is a heavy smoker because the package stunk to high heaven of them nasty cigs. Wife said there was something suspicious about the tape as well like it had been opened and then resealed. Think UPS ended up paying for new stuff, wife raised a stink about it.

On the gray color I remember when I did my dash pod for my guages and I got the paint. It was a light gray but yet it was darker than my doors and dash. I wonder if I get the new dash from LMC if my dash will finally match my guage pod!??

Let us see the pics when you get it done. About ready to order mine, tired of fishing sunglasses and safety glasses out of the Dodge Canyon.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:54 PM

Well I finally got a chance to put my new dash in this evening.

Took me about 3 hours to put it in start to finish. I had a little bit of trouble getting the air ducts out an then I realized there were 3 more screws holding it in. (Not just the one at the V that zthatzmanz28 mentioned in his post) Once I got it out reassembly went fairly quickly. I also disconnected the airbag plug and set it aside. At first I was going to leave it hanging but I didn't like the pressure it was putting on the wires.

I forgot to disconnect the shift linkage and it stretched and came out of alignment when I dropped the steering wheel. I was able to reconnect it and with a little adjusting I have it lined up correctly again. Here are some pictures of the install.

All in all it was not too bad a job and I am really pleased with the new dash!
Attached Thumbnails LMC Truck dash replacement-dsc00372.jpg   LMC Truck dash replacement-dsc00375.jpg   LMC Truck dash replacement-dsc00377.jpg   LMC Truck dash replacement-dsc00379.jpg   LMC Truck dash replacement-dsc00380.jpg  

Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 PM

I also wanted to add that I didn't have to touch the vin plate. It is attached to the area below the dash support and the new dash does not interfere with it at all.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM

Well, I no longer have dash problems. Got a heck of a deal on a 2011 F150 4X4 Supercrew and traded the Dodge. The wife cried a little because it was originally her truck but I'm all smiles. It's been more than 10 years since I've had something new.

I think this will do me fine. I don't have anything left to pull except my little dirt bike trailer since we sold the RV.

Thanks for the help on all the little issues I had with my old ride.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by 10-95
Well, I no longer have dash problems. Got a heck of a deal on a 2011 F150 4X4 Supercrew and traded the Dodge. The wife cried a little because it was originally her truck but I'm all smiles. It's been more than 10 years since I've had something new.

I think this will do me fine. I don't have anything left to pull except my little dirt bike trailer since we sold the RV.

Thanks for the help on all the little issues I had with my old ride.

WOW 10-95 - not even sure how to respond. You must have gotten top dollar for your trade since it had that brandy new dash installed in it?? LOL That Ford sure is a nice truck. Did you opt for the ecoboost engine?
Old 09-16-2011, 06:18 AM

That Ford sure is a nice truck. Did you opt for the ecoboost engine?
Thanks.

Yeah, I got a heck of a deal. The wife and I went down to Team Ford in Navasota,TX to browse for a replacement for her Camry. The deals they are doing right now were so good we ended up buying 2. I probably could have gotten a K or more for my truck if I would have sold it myself but, for me, it wasn't worth my time. They were more than fair on trade value on the Camry and the Dodge. They even threw in 3years of oil changes and a lifetime power train warranty on both new trucks.

I passed on the EcoBoost. After reading the supplemental brochures on it I was a bit skeptical. Bigger oil filter than the V8, extra cooling, etc. Sounded like the motor was expected to be working a LOT harder. Kind of scared me. Plus the whole 1st year of production thing...
Old 09-16-2011, 10:17 PM

I must be living right, put a dash mat on when I bought it-1999- and the dash is perfect.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:59 PM

any ideas where to get dash replacement for 97

Quick Reply: LMC Truck dash replacement