2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

I'm going to be sick!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I'm going to be sick!

Tonight I was backing out of my side driveway and I swung around and hit a tree with the front of my truck. The tree hit right behind the passenger side turn signal and slid forward and got wedged between the front bumper and my brushguard on my winch mount. It ripped off my fender flare, bent my fender, broke my headlight housing, mangled my bumper, and bent my brush guard. I have had less damage hitting deer at 60 mph! What made it worse was, I was late for work and the tree was wedged between my bumper and my brush guard. so i had to put it in 4 wheel low and just rip that side of my brushguard off.
I beleave I will just buy a Front bumper replacement like a Ranchhand instead of replaceing my bumper and my brushguard. If i would have had one on in the first place this wouldn't have happened. I hurt my truck, my baby! I hope she isn't too mad at me!

-Kyle:
Old 11-19-2004, 02:57 AM
Banned

Ouch. Just keep telling her it's just a scratch and give her a little extra TLC and she shouldn't be to mad. It was all for the better, right? I mean she's getting a new front end replacement, right? I'd be crying. Tell her she'll be fine and that she'll pull through.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: I'm going to be sick!

Originally posted by wagontrain131

I beleave I will just buy a Front bumper replacement like a Ranchhand instead of replaceing my bumper and my brushguard. If i would have had one on in the first place this wouldn't have happened. I hurt my truck, my baby! I hope she isn't too mad at me!

-Kyle:
Kyle: Most of the front end replacements are pretty heavy - about 400 pounds. You may want to consider that when doing the replacement. As for price, I found that the front end replacement is about the same as a new bumper and air dam. You may come out cheaper at the junk yard with a used bumper and air dam. good luck.

John (DH)
Old 11-19-2004, 12:18 PM

True, but a good front & heavy replacement bumper sure looks good and HELPS when you get in a wreck.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:20 PM

Location: Lingleville TX but active duty Air Force all over the world currently
See a ranchhand is the same price as a stock bumper and dam.....

BUT youll never have to replce it if something like this happens again.......If you do have to replace it you have probably been in a bad accident and it isnt the only thing your replacing if not just totaling the whole truck...I hit a deer in Texas while home on leave and i was rolling about 55.......went underneath the truck after it had a one on one with my ranchhand....I havent had any meetings with anything through the back ranchhand but Im waiting for the day a honda decides it wants to try to go under my truck.....

As far as weight ...who cares.. your truck is already one of the heaviest on the raod....400lbs isnt much anyway......me and one aother guy put both my ranchhands on by ourselves....i dont think it was 400lbs but if it was it didnt make a diff in the way the front end sat... I have a 2wd and I thought the truck looked better because the bumper and dam sat so low to the goround anyway....
The only bad thing i can think of about my ranchhands is they make the truck about 2 ft longer...but again its already too long........just like the wieght thing..

Good luck....