2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

does anyone know if????

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone know if????

i am sure some of you have seen the 2nd gen...body style trucks that are bi-tone in paint...usually gray bottom and white top or gray bottom and green top...

well i am also sure some of you have seen the truck that rather than having gray paint they have the CHROME running the length of the bottom.

my question is weather anyone out there knows if under the CHROME is the truck PAINTED to match the top half of the truck...ie..if a truck is chrome/red...and you wanted to remove the chrome below the plastic side molding would it be painted red under it to match the top of the truck

chime in with your throughts....

thanks

NCA
Old 04-20-2007, 01:10 PM

i have seen some that are just a piece of chrome with the back side sticky and you just stick in on the bottom of the truck are you talking about that
Old 04-20-2007, 11:44 PM

thank you so much....is that what it is...yea that is what i was thinking of it just looks like a chrome trim put on the bottom half of the truck...there are the ones where the bottom half is painted....

i was just wondering because there is a truck that i am looking at purchasing and it has the chrome trim on the bottom....and i was wondering if i pulled that chrome trim off would i then half to repaint the whole bottom...

thanks

NCA

anyone else have an opinion
Old 04-21-2007, 02:07 AM

I know that the chrome pieces are just chromed rocker panels that stick on, but as far as what's underneath them I couldn't tell ya. They might be a bit of a pain to pull off as well. The last Silverado that I had, the previous owner put some vinyl diamond plate rocker decal on there and I hated it. Took that off within the first 24 hours of owning the truck. It took a hot day, heat gun and a whole bunch of GooGone and rubbing alcohol to get it off and there was still a little bit of residue left. I'm sure the chrome rockers would be even a little tougher than that, but still able to be removed.