2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Bad Crash

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 12:51 PM
DPG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Bad Crash

D-Phil:<br><br>Very sorry to hear the news about your truck. Mine got a little dinged a few weeks ago, and it's now in the body shop. I can't wait to get it back. I can't imagine how you must feel. I hope that your insurance co. is good to you. I'm also sorry that I can't help with the salvage price part.<br><br>DeWain
Old 12-22-2002, 01:18 PM

Put some pics on here. If you find a price or maybe want to part out some stuff list that too. I'm looking for a wercked 6spd diesel but I really don't want a engine.<br>DM01
Old 12-22-2002, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks.<br><br>Hope everyone is ok.<br><br>Not old enough for insurance to pay it off I bet :'( .<br><br>Can't help with the salvage deal.<br>Hope you can find a good replacement truck.<br><br><br>phox
Old 12-23-2002, 12:40 PM

Please post the pic. I almost had a similar experience and wonder how the truck would fare. Did you roll it? Glad your ok.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:06 PM

Yep, Post the pic!
Old 12-27-2002, 12:56 AM

Sorry to hear about your crash, lost my first truck that way. :'(<br>Hope you are ok.<br>RG
Old 12-28-2002, 04:46 AM

Yikes Sure glad you are ok. Makes me think a roll bar might be a good idea though [undecided]
Old 12-28-2002, 06:33 AM

Glad that you an your better half are OK, I know it may be hind site but this is why I prefer having a dualley for towing much more stable in high winds.<br> If I were you I would think about it for my next truck. Now this is just my opinion.<br> Again glad you's are OK.<br> Bob
Old 12-28-2002, 11:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Salvage prices hard hard to call unless you are in the business. The insurance company probably has a book, but the body shop my Dad used to work for didn't have a book. They would buy wrecks at auction, fix them, and sell them. They just pulled some figures together in their head (how much to fix, how much it's worth fixed, how much they'd pay at auction) when they went to the auction.<br><br>You planning on buying it back and parting it out, or fixing it?<br>3200 seems reasonable since the Cummins is worth 4K or more, if it isn't damaged. I figure you could rip the front end off that truck and not hurt that big engine. If you wanted to take the time to part it out, you could certainly get more than that for it. You just have to justify your time to sell on Ebay or here, and go through all the dismatling and shipping hassle.<br><br>Chris

Quick Reply: Bad Crash