2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Bad Crash

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Bad Crash

Well DP:<br> You have proved me wrong. I did not think the A pillar would fold like that. I guess just because the thing is to large to see around don't mean it won't give. Must have been quite a lick. You are a very fortunate man. I see you don't ride alone.<br><br>..Preston..
Old 12-29-2002, 08:05 PM

Ouch.....glad you are Ok
Old 12-29-2002, 11:58 PM

I wish I could have the tranny, flywheel and clutch. maybe some other stuff also. Get a price and post it here I don't know for sure but I would like a number to look over and see what I need. thanks and glad to see you are alright. <br>DM01
Old 12-30-2002, 12:18 AM

check out my old rig in this forum pg 12 or 13 &quot;daulies pg 2&quot; under yomitch and the cop thought for sure it was a fatality.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are okay!!!<br>You were very lucky for sure.<br><br>I'd also be thankful you had no passengers. It looks like the right side got pretty crushed!<br><br>Good luck with finding a new truck
Old 01-04-2003, 09:58 AM

My arm got a whole lotta road rash as it was hittin the pavement as I was rolling thanks to seat belt as the truck would be rolling on me instead of just my arm.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:23 PM

Wow! Phil, that was too close for comfort. Very sobering!<br>I read that thread about the idea of installing a roll bar. But, I believe it would have to be custom made. Pretty much all of them that you see are &quot;show bars&quot;. Not a time for compromise.<br>Never the less, I don't suspect that roll overs are that common with our trucks. Obviously, not impossible.<br>I can see why it is so hard to find a passenger door for my truck. Seems that is where most of them get messed up.<br>Glad to hear you are fine.<br>Good Luck in getting back behind the wheel of a CTD.<br>
Old 01-05-2003, 12:28 PM

Diesel Phil,<br><br>[quote author=Stamey link=board=5;threadid=8658;start=0#85760 date=1041139145]<br>...You planning on buying it back and parting it out, or fixing it?<br>3200 seems reasonable since the Cummins is worth 4K or more, if it isn't damaged. I figure you could rip the front end off that truck and not hurt that big engine. If you wanted to take the time to part it out, you could certainly get more than that for it. You just have to justify your time to sell on Ebay or here, and go through all the dismatling and shipping hassle.<br><br>Chris<br>[/quote]<br><br>Chris has a good point here, this is where the low salvage price is in your favor. First, find at least a couple of trucks that are comparable to yours (pre-wreck), try to find the highest priced ones you can. Look at high priced dealerships, and &quot;boutique&quot; or &quot;big boys toys&quot; types of up-scale used car stores. Document what they want for theirs (written quote), find someone who just sold one like yours for a bundle, get an affidavit from him (signed &amp; notorized) stating that your truck is like the one he sold and the price he got for his. Turn these in to the insurance company, they can't ignore written evidence. If they continue to be hard to deal with, talk to your state Insurance Commissioner. It's sometimes absolutely amazing how cooperative they become after receiving a call from the commissioner's office! <br><br>Don't sign over your truck to them. Make your settlement first, then when all is almost done, and they're ready to write a check, just tell them to take the salvage amount off because you want to keep the truck.<br>This approach netted a much more fair settlement on a classic KZ1000 motorcycle for me.<br>Happy you weren't hurt. As a professional firefighter, I'm often surprised just how little room a person can squeeze into in a wreck and have relatively few injuries. Your Dodge held up well, and it's nice to know. I've seen the '87-'97 Chev/GMCs hold up very well also. I always strap in as tight as I can. That way, even if you have to do a sudden maneuver, you have much better control since you're not sliding around in the seat. <br><br>I love my dually (call them &quot;training wheels&quot; if you want), it's incredibly stable. I can haul a very heavy bumper-pull trailer with the aerodynamics of a small house in fiercely gusty cross winds and just cruise right down the road at 65-70mph!<br><br>Vin
Old 01-05-2003, 07:27 PM

Glad your OK. If you want to get the safest model of CTD. Get a 3500 Regular cab. The roof is even stronger and you don't have to worry about seat back failure.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:53 PM

Holey Mackrel. Your one lucky Jose. Glad you okay. If you get the truck, I'd be interested in the grille, if it's not damaged of course. <br><br>Thank goodness your smart enough to wear a seat belt. Those roll overs are almost always fatal when the seat belt is in the off position. The body just seems to flaten out as your 7200 lb ram rolls over you. Just makes for a terrible day. <br><br>Seriously, I am glad your in good health and I would be interested in the grille if it's not kapoot.<br><br>gary