2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Airbag light, hard steering, breaking plastic

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 05:37 PM
yz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbag light, hard steering, breaking plastic

Well I finally have had time to find out what is going on. Awhile ago I posted about the air bag light going on and had hard steering. Right after that post the hard steering went away. I found out that the light means part of the air bag is broke. Then I have been really busy and have not had the time to take a look at it. But today i jumped in the truck and took off. Right out of the drive way I knew something was wrong. I took the steering wheel cover and plastic cover in front of the steering wheel off. Well I noticed that the wires for the cruise control and air bag were cut in two. Then had broken plastic from the steering parts. <br><br>This all started some time after the dealer did some recalls. One was a plastic part on the steering. Never had a problem before this. So I will be taking it to them here soon and i hope they fix it. But it has been a little while since they touched it so i kinda figure they won't. Just makes you kinda sour. Wires and the out side plastic parts are not that $$$ and the wiring is not hard to fix. But I think the other plastic parts inside the cover Might cost some $$$. So i guess we will see what happens. -Anthony
Old 07-05-2003, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Airbag light, hard steering, breaking plastic

I believe you are talking about the clock spring recall. I too had this recall done and had the same problems you encountered within a week. Lost all cruise and radio functions on steering wheel, Steering was hard then came free once a loud crack was heard. Brought it to dealer and they replaced it free of charge.