2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

2nd Gen Dually Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2nd Gen Dually Fenders

Well here i am AGAIN patching holes so brutly punched into my rear fender . i did this last summer with no knowledge of plastic of fiberglass repair. it actually lasted pretty well untill the big blizzard here in colorado and only the big trucks were on the road. huge snow banks tried to stop me but failed. they took some skin off though

my question is this. the hole has trippled in size this time taking out from the bottem to the marker light to above where the fender flattens out on the top. probably a good couple square feet or material. by looking at the two fenders they seem to be pertty proportional to each other. is the drivers side the same as the passenger side with the exeption to the fuel filler?

i ask this because if it is then i'm gonna take off the drivers side and use the inside rear protion as a mold for reshaping the front side passenger side. Make since?

Now i realize that the inside of our fenders are not smooth and by molding off the inside the size will be a bit smaller then normal but i want to do it this way so i can attach the new glass to the inside of the fender then use body filler to complete the reshaping and smoothing of the project.

This is gonna be a pretty extencive project i know but i cant justify spending the money on a new fender. anyone priced em?!?! it's rediculious!!!!

I'll take some pics through the project to aid in other peoples ideas too.

Any other ideas to help me here too is very welcome.
thanks a bunch!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With that much hole I would look for a replacement. I've seen them aftermarket for ~$450.00. I cracked my passenger side fender and just put on some glass backing.