24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

The trucks fixed!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trucks fixed!!

Hey everyone, some of you may remember me posting a thread about my truck being broken. Well it threw the codes low oil pressure sending unit low voltage, and something else. Well i took the truck to the local dodge dealership and got the son of a .. fixed

After wanting to punch the mechanics boss in the face for a week they finaly decided to stop loseing my keys, and telling me that my antitheft is the reason the truck wont start.

Turns out the lovely people at Fram oil filters, decided to not put so much care into the one i bought in dec. so the filter decided to pretty much break appart and send peices threw my engine. So that was why i had such low oil pressure.

number 2, my vp44 went out (or was in the process) so very LUCKY was i that my warenty coverd it so instead of around 2500 for parts and labor it was only 100. they said my turbo was making a weird sound? but later found out it was because of my intake to the turbo is a K&N and it makes a blow of sound they werent used to.

So intern thanks for the help people! everything you all said accept the oil filter was correct! and i got some bad diesel#2 so the filter had to be changed only after 1500 miles or so.

all and all truck is fixed YA!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 PM

Location: My head lays down in Murrieta, but the day light hours are spent in San Diego, Ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrates!!!! I was or should Isay several people were wondering what happen to ya. Glad to hear alls ok with the truck.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:55 AM

now go find some wix/Napa Gold same filter or some Fleetguard filters for your truck (i run these on my 12v and love them).......and the Fram horror stories keep right on Cummin'....lol....Fram sucks
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 AM

yeah now im looking for some good gains, i need to know if i should get mechanical gauges, or electrical. should i get the Juice w/ Attitude? ect.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:53 PM

Now you should be concerned on what else is plugged up, I wouldn't be surprised if you have some abnormal increased wear on internal stuff. Only use Fleetguard filters.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:34 PM

Have you or your shop contacted Fram? Let them know what happened and try to get them to step up.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:05 PM

^^^^^
what he said, they owe you, you never know what could happen 1k or 10k down the road.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:49 PM

yeah i know i need to contact fram i will probably get to that monday. The mechanics checked everything, so everything is straight. I was useing dello oil, and when they went to check the oil system, it looked like molasses. Any word on those gauges anyone? im thinking autolite oil pressure, egt, and boost.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Yeah, theres TSB's on the neoprene in Fram filteres plugging the oil nozzles that cool the pistons.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:47 AM

well anyone got any ideas? i hear alot of bad mouthing banks on here. whats the next step
Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 AM

I'm all stock so can't advise on BOMBS.
But I would drive it as it is for a little while in order to safely test the repairs.

Then check out QUAD products in the DTR store.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:48 PM

Got a fuel pressure gauge? I'd get one of those before an oil pressure gauge. I've got Autometer gauges in my truck, been good to me.

As for upgrades, if you're still under warranty, I'd suggest a Smarty. Leaves no foot print, and makes driving a lot more fun.

Also, don't forget to fill out your signature.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:34 PM

where do you guys get your fleetgaurd filters from?- i always used fram filters on my gas suburban 4x4, now i have a cummins and was curious where these filters were from-
thanks
Old 03-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by safirenfish
where do you guys get your fleetgaurd filters from?- i always used fram filters on my gas suburban 4x4, now i have a cummins and was curious where these filters were from-
thanks
Any Cummins dealer and most big truck shops have Fleetguard. I get mine at an International Truck shop.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by safirenfish
thanks
http://www.genosgarage.com/

This is were I go.

Quick Reply: The trucks fixed!!