24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

trac bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trac bar

i put a new trac bar in my 99 a few months ago and had the front aligned and tires rotated. it was great for about 2 weeks then i started to noticed a banging sound when i turn left or right on a tighter turn like pullin in ur driveway from the road. i checked the trac bar out and its tight and doesnt mover like the old wore out one. i have had the truck since first of august last year and have only put 5000 miles on the truck. i was readin my tdr book and found luke's link they have a product for ur track bar. was wondering if my problem was the track bar? and if anyone was using this luke's link kit for the track bar?
Old 01-25-2003, 03:44 PM

Re:trac bar

I installed the LInk and Bushing Kit on my truck and it was a BIG difference. The Luke's Link's are a great Product. They make the Track Bar better than a new bar Plus the Replacement Bushing end is also better than new.<br><br>And O'yea I do happen to sell them! ;D :<br><br><br>Kurt Yardley<br>Mild To Wild Diesel Performance Inc<br>505-534-0434
Old 01-26-2003, 08:55 AM

lukes-link are fine BUT they may not work on some 4X4s. I used one on my o1 and found out because of the diameter of the link it would make contact with the diff cover when you hit a bump with the left wheel. (Like going into a driveway) So I removed it and got a bar made by Moog.<br><br>Jerry
Old 01-26-2003, 05:23 PM

[quote author=powerwagon440 link=board=4;threadid=10097;start=0#96483 date=1043524191]<br>i put a new trac bar in my 99 a few months ago and had the front aligned and tires rotated. it was great for about 2 weeks then i started to noticed a banging sound when i turn left or right on a tighter turn like pullin in ur driveway from the road. i checked the trac bar out and its tight and doesnt mover like the old wore out one. i have had the truck since first of august last year and have only put 5000 miles on the truck. i was readin my tdr book and found luke's link they have a product for ur track bar. was wondering if my problem was the track bar? and if anyone was using this luke's link kit for the track bar?<br>[/quote]<br><br>try tightening it down just a little more it should stop. if that's the problem.<br><br>DRecu!
Old 01-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

powerwagon440:<br><br>I installed a &quot;Luke's Link&quot; on my 96' Dodge CTD and<br>am very happy with it. I had already replaced my<br>stock Trac-Bar with one from NAPA. The NAPA<br>Trac Bar came with a lifetime warranty and was<br>MUCH better than the stock Trac-Bar. The &quot;Luke's<br>Link&quot; made my front end even tighter than it was<br>with the new NAPA Trac-Bar!!!<br><br>However, as &quot;NXS&quot; said, on some of the trucks<br>they do hit the differential as he described. <br><br>-------------------------------------<br>KWIKKURT:<br><br>Welcome to the website buddy!! Glad to see you<br>over here!!<br><br>--------<br>John_P
Old 01-27-2003, 10:06 AM

I had the same problem. Turn the wheels all the way to the right or left and tighten then turn them all the way to the other side and tighten. Worked for me.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:08 PM

I have the lukes link on mine, and it worked great for what it was designed for. But I just took it off today along with the trac-bar b/c Im putting on a skyjacker 7&quot; adjustable trac bar with a heim joint. I got it so I could re-center my front axle, and its a much better design than the stock bar.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:12 PM

[quote author=John_P link=board=4;threadid=10097;start=0#96842 date=1043633082]<br><br>-------------------------------------<br>KWIKKURT:<br><br>Welcome to the website buddy!! Glad to see you<br>over here!!<br><br>--------<br>John_P<br>[/quote]<br><br>JohnP, Glad to be here... Been to busy workin' to spend any time on the net... No land line at the house also limits the Net Cruisn!! <br><br>Question for Ya' ???<br><br>What this senior member stuff??? You gettin Old or just slowin Down??
Old 02-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Kurt:<br><br>Thanks for your reply!<br><br>Yeah, I am &quot;classified&quot; as a &quot;Senior Member&quot; here! ;D<br>But,......I think it has to do with the number of posts<br>and not my age, although I am not a &quot;young man&quot;<br>anymore! <br><br>Take care!<br><br>--------<br>John_P<br>