24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Smog test fail?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smog test fail?

OK so I go to take the 01 to test and it fails because the states computer is picking up fueling error communication error (I have a smarty on Half power ) so the tech says he dont care if it smokes if I make the codes go away . So I set the smarty at stock and now I have more codes and one is a miss fire . but the truck runs perfect and has no miss also when we unplug the state computer and hook up a scanner it show no codes we hooked up 3 scanners and used the smarty to check and no codes. is my ECM taking a DUMP ? anyone seen this before?
Old 09-21-2013, 03:00 PM

Received 141 Likes on 107 Posts
It would depend on what codes you're getting, since you only mentioned what one of those codes was. Did you pass your test? If not, I'd just unplug the Smarty and drive it the smog shop. Test it and then go home and reconnect the Smarty. Consider yourself lucky too that you have a reasonable tech that is willing to over look all goodies as long as the truck doesn't puff out excess smoke.