24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Fass Ddrp

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fass Ddrp

My lift pump died today changed filter and truck would not start again. Hit the key and there is no sound coming from lift pump and no fuel out of the banjo fitting going into the injector pump. Is this a normal time lift pumps fail? what does everybody think about the fass ddrp.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

Save your money and get a Fass 95/150 or 150/150
Old 02-24-2009, 08:23 PM

I'm giving the Fass DDRP a try. so far, so good. It's really quiet. 18 psi idling and hasn't dropped below 14 psi WOT. Inexpensive as well. Mine is installed along the frame rail. Only time will tell.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:15 PM

i am also thinking about trying the DDRP myself heard pretty good reviews about it
Old 02-25-2009, 08:44 PM

Post I'm counting on the DDRP

My dodge is strickly stock. So the DDRP, according to the advertisements, should be all I will ever need. I understand the bigger FASS systems are for those folks who are trying to get a little more than stock performance out of their truck. I've been searching forums and haven't found any dissatisfied DDRP users, yet. So I'm hoping this will be the pump to keep my truck going.

Last year I bought a campaign pump to carry along for emergencies. When I had trouble starting after a fuel filter change, I (probably incorrectly) thought the LP had failed and installed my spare campaign pump. Now I don't have a spare and have been wondering what I would do when the current LP starts to go. If I had the DDRP in the back I would feel a little more comfortable but I guess I can't really do that and be able to take advantage of the 4-year warranty. So for now, I'll just have to call around and see who I can trust to make the quickest delivery when I do need a new LP
Old 02-26-2009, 12:29 AM

I installed a DDRP a few weeks ago and haven't had a problem, ran my HyperTech MaxEnergy on stage 2 it did fine (don't have gauges, money wont allow, but have a low pressure warning light so i have somewhat of an idea).

Talked to a guy that has the DDRP also, but he also has injecters, and some Edge on his truck, and he said on the highest stage on the Edge it didn't pull the pressure below 9psi.

If your close to stock and plan on staying that way, i would say get the DDRP, theres no reason to get the higher flowing pumps.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:12 AM

Installation

Does the DDRP mount right up to the stock mount like the ads say and how about the banjo fittings are they an exact fit ?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:35 PM

for me it all fit like a glove, the hardest parts were getting my hands into the space to install the new pump, and installing the hose on the new banjo assembly. other than that it went great.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM

If you re going to try this FASS, you may want the Geno's garage relocation kit to place the LP on the frame rail by the tank. It will prolong the life on the LP by taking away the vibration and heat of mounting it by the engine.
Q
Old 02-28-2009, 08:54 AM

Any one got a link to geno's garage???
Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.genosgarage.com
Old 03-02-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by STX Diesel
Does the DDRP mount right up to the stock mount like the ads say and how about the banjo fittings are they an exact fit ?
mine mounted right up some guys had a problem with the line from the pump to the canister it is kind of short mine worked but I dident have much line over the barb on the canister. contact fass and they will send you a jic 3/8 line to fix it. I got mine when they first came out they might have included the fix with the pump know?? The pump works great though
Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the problems with the fel line are only with the 99 and maybe 00.... 01 and up it fits good. My DDRP rocks....4 year warranty.....If you have a 99 make sure you get the kit cause the stock line wont fit.....unless your good at bending!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:39 PM

If the dealer has installed an intank lift pump, what do they do with where the old LP was on the side of the engine? Can the Fass DDRP be put back there if needed?

thanks

Brian
Old 05-05-2009, 08:10 PM

Have been thinking about installing the DDRP on my truck but was wondering if it would support the TST 3 i have installed? Does look like a nice alternative to a full blown fuel system.

Quick Reply: Fass Ddrp