24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Does it ever end?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it ever end?

Well crap, now I have the 1/4 tank issue.

I think I'll save my pennies and install the "sump".

My FRRP is idleing at 21 psi... I'm wondering if I should adjust the pressure down to 18 psi or so?

But, with 3/4 tank, fuel pressure was FABULOUS while towing the boat...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:06 AM

when you installed the drawstraw how did you cut it to length? Was the tank sitting flat on the ground or did you have it blocked up? It might be cheaper and "less invasive" if you buy another drawstraw and but it to length properly if you didn't the first time. I blocked my tank up off the ground with 4x4's where the straps go. That way I know I would have the original droop. I have never had the 1/4 tank issue. Just food for thought.

swordfish
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by swordfish
when you installed the drawstraw how did you cut it to length? Was the tank sitting flat on the ground or did you have it blocked up? It might be cheaper and "less invasive" if you buy another drawstraw and but it to length properly if you didn't the first time. I blocked my tank up off the ground with 4x4's where the straps go. That way I know I would have the original droop. I have never had the 1/4 tank issue. Just food for thought.

swordfish
Ya, I did have the tank up on blocks so it would have it's belly. I went to great lengths, I thought, to get it as close to the bottom as I could.
I'm good with normal cruising I think, but it's the corners and stop and starts that create the 1/4 tank issue.
So I'm not about to drop another $55 to try another time. I'm actually a bit miffed with this problem, and disappointed with the situation of having to drop the tank again. It's also going to be a bit more difficult because I wont be able to drive around to get the fuel level down enough to deal with it. Still stewing a bit here on it...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 AM

You might try going to a service station or a dealership to see if they have any extra 55 gallon drums around. I got one from my work and put all my fuel in there. Beats wasting it driving around town just to get the level down.

swordfish