24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Dodge wiring harness in F-750 with cummins

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
turbo is an hx35w
Old 03-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not a bad looking rig with the pickup box,wheel openings might pinch the tires if you ever loaded it enough to squat that far. since it sounds more like a run around toy you could go for a P-pump twin turbo conversion and reuse that hx-35.

If you want just a smaller upgrade that 225 should wake up with the puck,rv-275 (or better injector) and the boost fooler combo.

It would be interesting with your original idea of a dodge quadzila or edge style of programer wired in - maybe call quad and see if he can come up with either an adapter harness or guide you as to how to splice the two together.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:48 PM

There is no squatting with this truck. It's a 33,000# GVW. Have to have CDL just to drive it.

I'm putting a complete rear air bag suspension off a freightliner next weekend.....should be pretty sweet riding then--already has air ride seats in it.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by 95black2615
There is no squatting with this truck. It's a 33,000# GVW. Have to have CDL just to drive it.

I'm putting a complete rear air bag suspension off a freightliner next weekend.....should be pretty sweet riding then--already has air ride seats in it.
Did not figure you could hit the tires unless you put a coil of steel in the box You will like the air ride.

What color are you going to paint the truck ? I knew you would need the CDL/medical card = over 26001 GVW. What is your current fuel mileage ? How costly are the license plates ?
Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 95black2615
My question is what wiring/computer will I need so I can use the programmers for the dodge? Do I need any under dash wiring as well?
have you tried talking to Edge or Quadzilla?
I'd give that a shot, i dont belive it will be easy or possible to just add a harness? they will know for sure.

if they cant help you, i'd do some big injectors and some boost mods (which you'll get with bigger injectors anyway) injectors are cheap for that. fuel = boost for free = HP

your probably getting maybe 15 pounds of boost with that combo, you need at around 40!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by rattlerbob5.9
Did not figure you could hit the tires unless you put a coil of steel in the box You will like the air ride.

What color are you going to paint the truck ? I knew you would need the CDL/medical card = over 26001 GVW. What is your current fuel mileage ? How costly are the license plates ?
You only need the medical card if you are driving commercially. If you have standard tags on it then you do not need a CDL at all. We have been round and round with that in the military vehicle clubs I belong to. If you already have the CDL then it is moot point.

Rick
Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by rickf
You only need the medical card if you are driving commercially. If you have standard tags on it then you do not need a CDL at all. We have been round and round with that in the military vehicle clubs I belong to. If you already have the CDL then it is moot point.

Rick
Really - so tell me exactly how you are going to put "standard plates" on a commercial vehicle with a 33,000 GVW and drive it legally everyday without the medical/CDL certification ??????

Now i can see a military vehicle plated for parade or show use only not needing it, but that is a very limited use and NOT for or allowed as an everyday driver like his currently is.

As he said he needs "a CDL just to be able to drive it" and yes the medical card is part of the package to receive the CDL license so they both go together. Let the medical card lapse or try to obtain a CDL without it then come back here and tell us all how well you did !
Old 03-05-2012, 03:49 AM

i have a CDL A with air brakes and have never had a medical card. i have been renewing it for 25+ years.
i dont drive for a living, drive them for the purpose of testing and adjusting though.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 AM

Really - so tell me exactly how you are going to put "standard plates" on a commercial vehicle with a 33,000 GVW and drive it legally everyday without the medical/CDL certification ??????

Now i can see a military vehicle plated for parade or show use only not needing it, but that is a very limited use and NOT for or allowed as an everyday driver like his currently is.

As he said he needs "a CDL just to be able to drive it" and yes the medical card is part of the package to receive the CDL license so they both go together. Let the medical card lapse or try to obtain a CDL without it then come back here and tell us all how well you did !
Quite the attitude huh? The last two times I renewed my CDL I did not get a medical card since I was not driving. During that period I did get a short term job driving so I just went and got the card. No big deal. As far as the truck, register it as a pickup at 9000 lbs.. Nothng illegal about that as long as you are not actually trying to get 33,000 lbs. in the back of a pick up and make money with it. See, I can reply without the nasty response you are looking for.
BTW, I have had an unrestricted CDL A with all endorsements for 30 years. At one time way back when it was legal I had them from five different states. I know just a little bit about CDL and driving.
Rick
Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by rickf
Quite the attitude huh? The last two times I renewed my CDL I did not get a medical card since I was not driving. During that period I did get a short term job driving so I just went and got the card. No big deal. As far as the truck, register it as a pickup at 9000 lbs.. Nothng illegal about that as long as you are not actually trying to get 33,000 lbs. in the back of a pick up and make money with it. See, I can reply without the nasty response you are looking for.
BTW, I have had an unrestricted CDL A with all endorsements for 30 years. At one time way back when it was legal I had them from five different states. I know just a little bit about CDL and driving.
Rick
"I did not get a medical card since i was not driving. During that period i did get a short term job driving so i went and got the card." = you need a medical card to ACTUALLY drive a commercial unit.

Not an attitude just the true facts, yes you can run around with a CDL in your wallet WITHOUT a medical card but then what do you have in your pocket other than an overpriced license with some extra letters on it ? To ACTUALLY use it (cdl-a) you need the card don't you ?

"As far as the truck, register it as a pickup at 9000 lbs. Nothing illegal about that" = owner said in post weigh's 11000 lbs empty and has 33,000 GVW on the door post so nothing illegal about that eh fraud maybe but not illegal ? If stopped by DOT what do you think he is going to say with it registered as a 9k pickup ?

Register as a "personal use" RV puller and put a 5th wheel hitch in it and then things would be different but that is NOT what OP has indicated he is doing.

Bottom line is still the same if he is going to drive it legally everyday and it has a commercial plate on it so it is licensed legally. That is not the same as what you tryed to portray or what you are doing which is NOT driving a commercial vehicle . I can and do drive semi's with air brakes all of the time WITHOUT a medical card, CDL, or air brake endorsement and do it legally with an "f" but again that is not the same as what 95 black is doing so it does not apply. Now if you are done with the hyjack of this thread can we get back to the original topic at hand.

BTW i have driven semi for 25+ years and at a CDL informational meeting last week they are looking very seriously at requiring a medical card for an "f" endorsement the same as all the others.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by DodgeRam24V
i have a CDL A with air brakes and have never had a medical card. i have been renewing it for 25+ years.
i dont drive for a living, drive them for the purpose of testing and adjusting though.
While what you said is true, it is NOT the same as what 95 Black is doing now is it? Big difference between a short mechanical test drive and everyday driving.

I can drive semi without the CDL, air brake endorsement or a medical card using an "f" endorsement as long as i am within 150 miles and still be totally legal.

Now for example if i decide to take that EXACT same rig and do for example sugar beet transfer from a stock pile to the same processing plant which i had delivered my own crop i now fall under the full rules of CDL-A /medical card requirements. Why - because you are now hauling for hire and not viewed as a farmer bringing his crop to market.Haul sand, gravel for yourself no problem, put a load in there for somebody else you are looking for trouble if caught.

Not knowing the rules can and will get you a ticket = not knowing is no excuse.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 AM

Sorry 95black, I was just trying to interject a little possibly usefull info. I did not come here looking for a fight. My KW has the gross and individual axle weights on the tag but not the tare weight.

Rick
Old 03-05-2012, 04:53 PM

and yes the medical card is part of the package to receive the CDL license so they both go together.
^^^^ what you said ^^^^^^
Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 PM

I'm going to paint the truck white. I just put on polished alcoa wheels and an 05 up f650 chrome bumper.

I'm not sure what the mileage is....i've never calculated it up yet. I just dont drive it that much and I didn't want to drop the coin for a 100 gallon fill up. It SEEMS to do really well on mileage though.

I ended up tagging it with Farm tags.....about $120. Tagged it in at 26000# So technically you DONT need a CDL to drive it since it's tagged as farm.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 PM

Thumbs up

I was thinking red would look real nice on that rig to match the PU box with the alcoa's and chrome, but as you most likely already know that is one of the most expensive colors to shoot.

Does Ohio limit you to a 150 mile radius on the farm tags like Mi does ?
That saved you some good money for the plates.

Post up some more pictures as you progress along with that nice toy.

Quick Reply: Dodge wiring harness in F-750 with cummins