24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Code 0237 low voltage to turbo boost sensor.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code 0237 low voltage to turbo boost sensor.

Hey all –
New here – old, long-time Dodge truck guy – brand-newbe to Cummins and/or any diesel.
Got this rig about 3 weeks ago, it’s like new (94,000 miles,) and lov it ….

It has set this P0237 code four times now – each time, it runs a little rough (kinda surges a little,) then CEL light comes on. Just does it for a minute or so, then clears up on its own. So far, seams to mostly do it before the engine comes up to full operating temp. Light or heavy throttle doesn’t make a difference.

Now, here’s the hard part … this rig came equipped with all Banks stuff: Power Pack TLC system, Banks exhaust brake, and Smartloc trans controller.
The closest Hot-rod type diesel shop (70 miles away,) said it could be the m.a.p.s. sensor, or the Banks wiring, or the Banks controller … Banks has been pretty helpful, but can’t really say either … I’m just trying to get a better idea here, before I start replacing stuff.
Banks wiring harness looks good, but it’s got all those dang ‘crimp-on’ wire tap things, shouldn’t those be solder joints for all this electronic stuff (?)

This weekend I’m going to clean all the electrical stuff, starting with the Battery terminals any and all grounds etc (even though it all looks good,) reset the apps, clean the IAT – would it help to pull/clean the m.a.p.s. (?) Could the maps be bad – one shop told me that they have never had to change one on a Cummins ….

Thanks very much for any comments, and sorry this is a bit long ….

(oh, and I’m using a AutoXRay ez-5000 to pull and clear these codes – assuming that’s a good enough unit to see all the codes on this engine.)