1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Where can I buy a valve guide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to pure diesel power yesterday and they said they think my head will be done today and that they will ship it if they have time to do so. They also said they are going to try to build a better crate for shipping. I have to call them later to see if it really ships or not.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:54 PM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
Say no to BD-P! I mean... BD. Wait, PDP. Ahh say no to both!

Pure laziness on their part. I found valve guides on QuickServe online. I'm sure any local Cummins dealer could get any Cummins parts you need within a week. The only reason PDP couldn't "find" them is because they probably only asked one supplier. Not the best way to do business. ESPECIALLY, when a product you packaged was damaged or not to the liking of the customer. You eat the cost or resolve the issue by any means necessary to make sure your customer and possible referenced customers are happy and stay that way. Word of mouth advertising will always reign!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Not that I was ever or ever had an intentions to use them, but after reading this I will be sure none of my friends will ever use them either.

JIM, you are banned from using them!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 AM

I called pdp at the end of the day yesterday and they said the head was done and ready to ship. But they were not sure if they would have time to build a proper crate and get it shipped out. I told them that I would rather they ship it on monday so they have time to build the crate properly so there is no reason for it to get damaged. So hopefully they will have time and it will ship on monday.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM

I received a conformation today from ups that my head was shipped. I called and they say it is boxed up well I sure hope it is. I should have it by the weekend and I hope I can get it together.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 PM

They put a set of free head studs and upper end kit in the well packaged box?

Have they done anything to make this right in your eyes?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by 93flatbed

Bill's experience has made it sink even deeper to deal with a local source. As others have said, pure laziness, and stupidity on PDP's part, IMO, as the word of mouth has dramatically changed due to the internet, and popularity of these forums.

Hope you get the head done right this time....
Old 05-13-2013, 09:39 PM

Wow. I have done a large amount of business with them and always had great service.. I'm sorry to hear about this. Sounds like a lack of management. The correct crate should have been built in the first place... Now you waited for a correct one to be made even after the head was fixed...
I hate to say this but less time at the pullin track and more time at work......
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM

They never even once apologized or anything.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by 93flatbed

They have not done anything but make me wait. They should have had a crate built and ready to have my head put into as soon as it was done. You can't tell me they didn't have a head around to build the crate ahead of time. The only thing that got them moving at all was last weeks I told them it was getting to a point where I just wanted a refund so I could go buy a head from someone else. They never tried to do anything to help me at all to get it back faster. Even when you call them most times you get sent to voice mail and no one ever calls you back. I will be glad when I get my head and get it installed and my truck is back to normal.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 PM

Sorry brother. I hope that is the greatest port job on the face of the planet for your troubles.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 AM

Received 114 Likes on 80 Posts
You should've asked for a refund....
Old 05-14-2013, 02:11 AM

I call your credit card company an dispute that charge that will tie their money up for 45 days or more. Tell them your going to call the states attorneys office. I'm glad it all work out but man that very $h!ty of them. they do that a lot that's a bussinesss that not stay in business for long.. That's no way to treat a customer at all. I would be firing hot at pdp an be wanting a discount on it for all the troubles they caused.

John
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 PM

I recieved my head again today and it looks good this time but only by the grace of god I think. The box was all busted up they did pack it up better with foam bht they still did not fasten the head to the box at all. Oh well at least I finally can start putting it back together as soon as I get some sleep. I had to pull an all nighter last night because I caught a guy breaking into my shed to steal my dirtbikes at 1 am and then I could not go back to sleep and have been up ever since. I need some sleep before I can focus long enough to tackle that job lol...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 PM

Holy cow dung man. Luck isn't on your side. Once you get some shut eye post up some pictures of the head work, if you don't mind.

You got any jail time coming for shooting the dirt bag low life thief?

Quick Reply: Where can I buy a valve guide?