1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What did you do to your Gen 1 today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to have my daytime runners back on. At least now people see me coming along a little clearer at dawn and dusk and inclement weather.[/QUOTE]
That don't work here. Or maybe it does but thay wait for you to get closer to get a better look before pulling right out in front of you.[/QUOTE]

That's how people in Arizona drive too.. never mind the big ugly blue truck pulling a huge enclosed trailer, they're gonna pull right out and see if your brakes work. Itd b a lie if I said it didn't happen every day
Old 06-19-2015, 08:13 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Asb8504
Nice to have my daytime runners back on. At least now people see me coming along a little clearer at dawn and dusk and inclement weather.
That don't work here. Or maybe it does but thay wait for you to get closer to get a better look before pulling right out in front of you.[/QUOTE]

That's how people in Arizona drive too.. never mind the big ugly blue truck pulling a huge enclosed trailer, they're gonna pull right out and see if your brakes work. Itd b a lie if I said it didn't happen every day[/QUOTE]
same here. It's like they think you can't run into them. One or two get run over by logging trucks every year here. Guess who gets the blame?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:50 AM

Received 1,332 Likes on 862 Posts
Since I couldn't get the daytime running lights to work properly with the headlight relay system, I bypassed it and just have regular "USA" spec headlight system now. But I always drive with my lights on now, it's habit. They lights get turned on as soon as I finish releasing the E-brake.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Since I couldn't get the daytime running lights to work properly with the headlight relay system, I bypassed it and just have regular "USA" spec headlight system now. But I always drive with my lights on now, it's habit. They lights get turned on as soon as I finish releasing the E-brake.
Habit seems to work better than a bunch of over complicated wiring.
The thing I have a hard time understanding is the connection between my turn signal and the guy in the lane I want to be in's right foot.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:41 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
Habit seems to work better than a bunch of over complicated wiring.
The thing I have a hard time understanding is the connection between my turn signal and the guy in the lane I want to be in's right foot.
I've found that when I'm pulling the train, the only reliable way to get a reasonable lane change is to hit the turn signal, the horn, and the throttle simultaneously, while turning the steering wheel.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Today, went to recycling, but who wants to see pictures of cardboard in the back of my dodge ? (didn't take any shots, so it never happened)

I did, however, take a shot of nature at it's best. These suckers looked like this overnight. Stayed that way for about a day, and then disappeared. Either we have a bunch of chef's running around my neighborhood removing all my schrooms, or nature did it's thing...

Freaking amazing how fast these things grow, and die...

Name:  0619150659_zps44wtdmoh.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  219.6 KB
Old 06-19-2015, 06:00 PM

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Fungi is pretty amazing.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wondering what a 1993 w250 LE 4x4 manual extended cab 93,000 miles on it is worth?Original Cummins Inline 6cyl Intercooled Turbo Diesel
5 Speed Manuel Transmission
2 Speed Transfer Case
Front Locking Hubs
Newer Geolander Mud terrain tires
All Original Steel Body and Floors
Original Gauges,with added boost and pyrometer gauges
LE Convenience Package
AIRFIFT Air Bags
6IN LIFT
Old 06-19-2015, 06:53 PM

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts
Them auto DRLs pi$$ me off. Right now I'm running without a puter so all well. To turn the DRLs off with an ECM - just unplug at the DRL module ?

Old 06-19-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by ofelas
Them auto DRLs pi$$ me off. Right now I'm running without a puter so all well. To turn the DRLs off with an ECM - just unplug at the DRL module ?
Yup that is what I did. But then Did the Jim Lane Headlight relay conversion on the USA wiring schematic. Think I will be adding the 3rd relay so when the high beams are on I run both the low and high settings....significant difference over just high beam circuit.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts
I looked at that Jim lane relay setup when I ran sealed beams. Lucky, with the trucklite LEDs in there now, high beams are added to the low beams by default.
Yup that is what I did. But then Did the Jim Lane Headlight relay conversion on the USA wiring schematic. Think I will be adding the 3rd relay so when the high beams are on I run both the low and high settings....significant difference over just high beam circuit.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:39 PM

Today I gave Patches a good cleaning...inside and out. Noticed my E-brake pedal assembly had come loose AGAIN! This is the third time just over a year. This time it got lock nuts and washers instead of the OEM hardware. And I greased the drive train as well.

Then pulled the skid plate off because it was rattling every time I hit a decent size bump. It was the center part that rests against the tranny cross member. It was worn through the paint to make shiny metal. I cleaned everything and then added some Neoprene/foam gasket material. Should quiet it up for a while.

Name:  PICT0005_zps8vz3evha.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  222.1 KB

I also swapped out my 93 LE tailgate since the latches were starting to fail and only the RH side was actually grabbing...barely. I swapped for one of my earlier tailgates. The center brushed aluminum trim panel was missing the "Dodge Ram" emblem, so there were 3 holes visible.

So I dug through my box of misc ram emblems and made this up. I had a set of "Ram 150" emblems, so I cut off the 150. And the "Cummins Turbo Diesel" was cut off a junk set of "Power Ram 250/cummins turbo diesel" emblems. A little black paint along the edges where they were trimmed, and some 3M trim tape and voila!

Name:  PICT0010_zps7eb6rrfa.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  172.3 KB

Name:  PICT0011_zpss1ofjdx0.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  116.2 KB
Old 06-20-2015, 06:24 AM

Patches.....

lol

Tailgate looks good.

Seems as though I live a similar life as you. Every time I turn around, I'm re-doing what I did previously, that I had done earlier on the truck.

Oh well. at least I get to remember how I did it twice earlier....
Old 06-20-2015, 08:41 AM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Patches.....

lol

Tailgate looks good.

Seems as though I live a similar life as you. Every time I turn around, I'm re-doing what I did previously, that I had done earlier on the truck.

Oh well. at least I get to remember how I did it twice earlier....
I thought it was only me!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by peckens
I thought it was only me!

Our trucks are the epitome of an oxymoron.

An engine which requires little or no maintenance on a chassis / body that requires constant maintenance and re-maintenance, and sometimes (but not always) a re of the re-maintenance.

But it's still one of the coolest looking rides out there...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Gen 1 today?