1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

What is it!!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it!!?

Ok, my truck has sprung a leak. It's coolant, and I've already removed the hose/tube. It was made of steel and over time it just rusted and rubbed against it's bracket untill it got weak enough to make a hole. Anyway, it's located on the passenger side of the engine up close to the engine block, it runs front to rear. I thought it was for the turbo but I can't see a direct connection to it. I had it made out of stainless steel and significantly thicker walled. The overall outside diameter is the same though. But what the hell does it feed, and what is it called? I was really difficult to remove because of it's location but since it was weak in the middle from the rust, it broke in half while I was removing it so I had the new one made in two pieces to ease instalation. Now it's much easier to install but because of the tight space and the location getting it tightend down will be more difficult. It's still a work in progress, mostly due to the fact that I don't have the time. But please please can someone tell me what it's called and what is it's purpose! Oh, it's a 92 W250 with a cummins diesel.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's the tranny cooler cooled by water from motor follow the lines you will see that they run to trans