1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Truck Guages

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Guages

Well, Im gonna start rounding up the guages in need i guess, turbo boost, egt, fuel pressure, and theres one good one im missin i know. But I could really use some enlightening from the guys that have been there done that. What all is needed for these guages, sending units, apparently a high heat thermostat, if I sound ignorant to this its because I am. I could use some info!
Thanks
Old 05-04-2009, 06:58 AM

I take it you got your truck home. What did they finally tell what was wrong with it?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by BurrisWill
Well, Im gonna start rounding up the guages in need i guess, turbo boost, egt, fuel pressure, and theres one good one im missin i know. But I could really use some enlightening from the guys that have been there done that. What all is needed for these guages, sending units, apparently a high heat thermostat, if I sound ignorant to this its because I am. I could use some info!
Thanks
I ordered my gauges from www.genosgarage.com and they came with all the hardware needed to install the gauge. (Wires and such, not a tap).
Old 05-04-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by '91 1st Gen
I ordered my gauges from www.genosgarage.com and they came with all the hardware needed to install the gauge. (Wires and such, not a tap).
Us too

Order the gauges new and they come with everything you need,instructions and all

www.genosgarage.com , great service and fast delivery

ALSO, the 94-02 column pod will work on our 91-93 trucks and genosgarage.com also sells the GOOD pillar pod for first gens.

Buy it all from there at once and save shipping
Old 05-04-2009, 08:46 PM

They, thanks crossy and rollin coal. Thats just was Ill do, I was under the impression that their was not a guage pillar of our trucks, theres a boy that makes custom ones over at 1stgen.org and I was fixen to buy one for 300 bucks. Glad yall told me that. Anyway that mechanic went in through the front of the timing case and said He found the keyway to the injector pump gear sitting on something, Didnt ask many questions but he says the truck purrs now. Im driving it out here around the 7th of June. Wouldnt hurt for a few people to be prayin I make it out here! I bet ill be fine.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:51 PM

They, thanks crossy and rollin coal. Thats just was Ill do, I was under the impression that their was not a guage pillar of our trucks, theres a boy that makes custom ones over at 1stgen.org and I was fixen to buy one for 300 bucks. Glad yall told me that. Anyway that mechanic went in through the front of the timing case and said He found the keyway to the injector pump gear sitting on something, Didnt ask many questions but he says the truck purrs now. Im driving it out here around the 7th of June. Wouldnt hurt for a few people to be prayin I make it out here! I bet ill be fine.
It's a 2 gauge pod, and the top gauge can be a little difficult to see.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
366 Spring Chicken

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Here is the 2 pod Autometer with Phantom gauges.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Richie O
Here is the 2 pod Autometer with Phantom gauges.

Thats just the picture I was looking for.

Hopefully my 4 gauge pod will be done soon.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 PM

I think I stumbled onto the boy thats makin your four guage pod riche, Thats the direction im goin, but thank you guys much for the pics and genos garage is gonna be the place i order my guages from, Say anybody feel like guesstimating the cost of a fuel pressure, exhaust temp, boost, which one am I forgetting?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 PM

I think I stumbled onto the boy thats makin your four guage pod riche, Thats the direction im goin, but thank you guys much for the pics and genos garage is gonna be the place i order my guages from, Say anybody feel like guesstimating the cost of a fuel pressure, exhaust temp, boost, which one am I forgetting?
Geno's has a bunch of different gauge brands and styles, so go to www.genosgarage.com and find the ones you like to get a price. I recommend Isspro gauges.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
366 Spring Chicken

I have more in my gauges then I care to remember.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the way the ISSPRO egt gauges are color coded
Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 PM

Say anybody feel like guesstimating the cost of a fuel pressure, exhaust temp, boost, which one am I forgetting?
Depending on mechanical or eletric gauges. I've got around 500 in all mine, all mechanical. You probably want a tach.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 AM

Richie O, that guage setup is ausome but how do you see over those things?
Old 05-06-2009, 12:37 PM
366 Spring Chicken

I am tall enough so I can sit normally and still see the end of the hood and the sides of the fender. My wife can not see out of it. OOOOOO ,,,, thats to bad.

Quick Reply: Truck Guages