Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Truck Guages (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/truck-guages-241858/)

BurrisWill 05-03-2009 10:13 PM

Truck Guages

Well, Im gonna start rounding up the guages in need i guess, turbo boost, egt, fuel pressure, and theres one good one im missin i know. But I could really use some enlightening from the guys that have been there done that. What all is needed for these guages, sending units, apparently a high heat thermostat, if I sound ignorant to this its because I am. I could use some info!
Thanks

RollinCoalSmoke 05-04-2009 06:58 AM

I take it you got your truck home. What did they finally tell what was wrong with it?

peobryant 05-04-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by BurrisWill (Post 2470068)
Well, Im gonna start rounding up the guages in need i guess, turbo boost, egt, fuel pressure, and theres one good one im missin i know. But I could really use some enlightening from the guys that have been there done that. What all is needed for these guages, sending units, apparently a high heat thermostat, if I sound ignorant to this its because I am. I could use some info!
Thanks

I ordered my gauges from www.genosgarage.com and they came with all the hardware needed to install the gauge. (Wires and such, not a tap).

Crossy's son 05-04-2009 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by '91 1st Gen (Post 2470548)
I ordered my gauges from www.genosgarage.com and they came with all the hardware needed to install the gauge. (Wires and such, not a tap).

Us too :D

Order the gauges new and they come with everything you need,instructions and all

www.genosgarage.com , great service and fast delivery

ALSO, the 94-02 column pod will work on our 91-93 trucks and genosgarage.com also sells the GOOD pillar pod for first gens.

Buy it all from there at once and save shipping

BurrisWill 05-04-2009 08:46 PM

They, thanks crossy and rollin coal. Thats just was Ill do, I was under the impression that their was not a guage pillar of our trucks, theres a boy that makes custom ones over at 1stgen.org and I was fixen to buy one for 300 bucks. Glad yall told me that. Anyway that mechanic went in through the front of the timing case and said He found the keyway to the injector pump gear sitting on something, Didnt ask many questions but he says the truck purrs now. Im driving it out here around the 7th of June. Wouldnt hurt for a few people to be prayin I make it out here! I bet ill be fine.

peobryant 05-04-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by BurrisWill (Post 2470969)
They, thanks crossy and rollin coal. Thats just was Ill do, I was under the impression that their was not a guage pillar of our trucks, theres a boy that makes custom ones over at 1stgen.org and I was fixen to buy one for 300 bucks. Glad yall told me that. Anyway that mechanic went in through the front of the timing case and said He found the keyway to the injector pump gear sitting on something, Didnt ask many questions but he says the truck purrs now. Im driving it out here around the 7th of June. Wouldnt hurt for a few people to be prayin I make it out here! I bet ill be fine.

It's a 2 gauge pod, and the top gauge can be a little difficult to see.

Richie O 05-04-2009 08:57 PM

Here is the 2 pod Autometer with Phantom gauges.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ugepics004.jpg

peobryant 05-04-2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Richie O (Post 2470986)
Here is the 2 pod Autometer with Phantom gauges.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ugepics004.jpg

Thats just the picture I was looking for.

Hopefully my 4 gauge pod will be done soon. [coffee]

BurrisWill 05-04-2009 11:30 PM

I think I stumbled onto the boy thats makin your four guage pod riche, Thats the direction im goin, but thank you guys much for the pics and genos garage is gonna be the place i order my guages from, Say anybody feel like guesstimating the cost of a fuel pressure, exhaust temp, boost, which one am I forgetting?

peobryant 05-04-2009 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by BurrisWill (Post 2471172)
I think I stumbled onto the boy thats makin your four guage pod riche, Thats the direction im goin, but thank you guys much for the pics and genos garage is gonna be the place i order my guages from, Say anybody feel like guesstimating the cost of a fuel pressure, exhaust temp, boost, which one am I forgetting?

Geno's has a bunch of different gauge brands and styles, so go to www.genosgarage.com and find the ones you like to get a price. I recommend Isspro gauges.

Richie O 05-05-2009 01:17 PM

I have more in my gauges then I care to remember.[dummy]

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ugepod2003.jpg

Crossy's son 05-05-2009 02:38 PM

I love the way the ISSPRO egt gauges are color coded

93John 05-05-2009 09:40 PM

Say anybody feel like guesstimating the cost of a fuel pressure, exhaust temp, boost, which one am I forgetting?

Depending on mechanical or eletric gauges. I've got around 500 in all mine, all mechanical. You probably want a tach.

BurrisWill 05-06-2009 12:35 AM

Richie O, that guage setup is ausome but how do you see over those things?

Richie O 05-06-2009 12:37 PM

I am tall enough so I can sit normally and still see the end of the hood and the sides of the fender. My wife can not see out of it. OOOOOO ,,,, thats to bad.[laugh]