1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Stanadyne vs. MMO vs. PS vs. Lucas vs. Redline

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Stanadyne vs. MMO vs. PS vs. Lucas vs. Redline

This kind of ties in to my earlier post on MMO. I did a search...still confusing. I understand everyone has their favorites and swears by them. I just don't want to pour a lot of dinero down my fuel tank before I decide what works for me; I know Stanadyne is a winner; a costly winner that does nothing for cetane, I believe. What is the one that is high on cetane boost and provides lubricity? What do you all reccomend? I guess I should take a poll and go with the weiner? According to the searches on this site, Stanadyne and PS seem to rule. Other sites favor MMO combined with PS. Any tests on any of these? Direction, please?
Old 05-17-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu
This kind of ties in to my earlier post on MMO. I did a search...still confusing. I understand everyone has their favorites and swears by them. I just don't want to pour a lot of dinero down my fuel tank before I decide what works for me; I know Stanadyne is a winner; a costly winner that does nothing for cetane, I believe. What is the one that is high on cetane boost and provides lubricity? What do you all reccomend? I guess I should take a poll and go with the weiner? According to the searches on this site, Stanadyne and PS seem to rule. Other sites favor MMO combined with PS. Any tests on any of these? Direction, please?
Stanadyne is my vote but not becuse i have tryed them all(it's the only one i have tryed) just becuse it came recamended and have seen resolts from it cleaning afects

Read the lable be for you buy.........If it says that it has any alcoholic in the ingredeants...DON'T BUY IT!
Old 05-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flashgordon
Stanadyne is my vote but not becuse i have tryed them all(it's the only one i have tryed) just becuse it came recamended and have seen resolts from it cleaning afects

Read the lable be for you buy.........If it says that it has any alcoholic in the ingredeants...DON'T BUY IT!
i 100% agree. i have only ever been recommended stanadyne, so thats what i have used. and yes, it really really works wonders on my truck. love it and so will your motor.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:45 PM

I was using PS in the gray bottle in every tank, but my fuel mileage went down by about 2mpg. My roomate has a 2002 dodge cummins and he experienced the same thing. It says to use in every tank and people on this website say they use it in every tank. For them promising it to pay for itself in fuel savings it didn't do a very good job. I quit using it and within 2 tanks I was back to my normal mpg average. Not sure what would case that, but I am going to start using something else or just use it every 4th tank or so.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 PM

I have been using a mix of PS and MMO. I mix 16 ounces of each into every tank. Truck runs smoother, and I picked up about 1-2 mpg. I don't really care about the mileage, I just wanted keep the system clean, and the vp lubed.