1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

stack is on...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stack is on...

well guys this past weekend i came back to my hometown from college to put on my stack, it was harder than i thought, only because all my tools are at school

heres some pics

it is a little higher than i wanted but ill cut it down during class one of these days
Attached Thumbnails stack is on...-stacked.jpeg   stack is on...-stacked1.jpeg  
Old 09-17-2007, 10:08 PM

I had a rain cap on a 4" stack first on my 92'. The tink tink tink got really old really quick. good luck with yours, hope you have better luck than i did. My bro in law just put a 5" stack with raincap on his 01' duramax 1 ton. He put a chunk of steel about 1/2 in thick and 1 1/2 by 2 inches on the end of the raincap that is on the other side of the pivot point. i really helped the rattling and keeps the cap from bouncing and keeps it steady. Have fun and enjoy it!
ez
Old 09-17-2007, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good. Right now I am really wishing that I put a stack on mine instead of the turbo back exhaust so I can hear the exhaust a little better.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good I am a fan of rain caps
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 AM

Love the "tractor flaps"
If I ever got stack id have to have them.
All your tools are at school?
I wish I had your problem.
Im at school and all of mine are at home!
it gets frustrating sometimes
truck looks great though
any chance of seeing any vids?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 AM

Why do all the first gens have only one stack I am thinking acbout putting stacks on mine i see evderyone seems to go with single stack though
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 AM

this is a long shot but could you bump up the rpm just a little to keep the rain cap open?

i know we have dont that one of my friends truck for pulling it was a lot better when he took it out on the road in it was never shut unless the truck was shut off.

stack looks great
Old 09-18-2007, 10:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Most rain caps I have seen have a counterweight with a hole it that one could add a bolt and some washers to fine tune to opening of it.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by MikeThomas
Most rain caps I have seen have a counterweight with a hole it that one could add a bolt and some washers to fine tune to opening of it.
That is what my bro in law did on his duramax to do just what mike said! That is what i was trying to describe.
ez
Old 09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
The 'Ford does not own Cummins' enforcer.

to be honest .....i did the single cause that is all i could afford.....i'm working on duals for the ol girl coming soon
Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned

video is coming soon for sure, ill puff some smoke at class tomorrow and try to get some footage, as for the one stack, personally i don't like two, so it was easy for me, either 1 stack or none.

as for the flapper, when im driving down the road over 40mph it doesn't open to much more than like half way even if i put my foot to the floor, but under 40 it opens all the way.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 PM

I have the stacks for mine but I have not come up with a good was to run the pipes under the truck. I saw one tonight that had flex pipe run under the frame rail to get to the stack but I did not like that because you could see the flex pipe from the side. I am trying to figure a wat to get it done so you cannot see the pipes.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned

i will take some pics for you tomorrow, i kept the exhaust in the same place and ran 3 elbow pipes to get it over to the corner of the bed, underneath does not look to pretty but in the bed it looks actually pretty clean.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 AM

I just removed my single 5" stack about two weeks ago. I had it on for about a year. I got tired of the noise and the black sooty sludge that sprayed the side of my truck and anything parked next to me when I started it after or during a rain. It looked good and I got many comments on it but I "became annoyed".
Although the sooty rainy spray came in handy when a ricer was next to me sounding off their pipes. A couple of raps on the accelerator and their windshield was a mess.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Banned

heres how i chose to install it, i don't think it looks to bad in terms of the piping inside the bed. take a look for yourself

and no its not held up by that wire, that was there to support it so i could tack the welds for the upper pipe and i guess i forgot to take it off haha
Attached Thumbnails stack is on...-stack.jpeg   stack is on...-stack2.jpeg  

Quick Reply: stack is on...