1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

To sell or not to sell??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To sell or not to sell??

So, I love my old 1st gen, but I also dream abt. a crew cab, and this guy is buggin me pretty hard to sell it to him, for 2G more than I paid for it 3 yrs ago. I have spent abt. 2 large into it. Rust is slowly taking it's toll on the beast, and I'm not sure I want to get into fixing that. The thing is, it runs AWESOME, and is so much sweeter than all the newer pavement pounders running around! What do I do, fellas???
Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 AM

So are you dreaming of a 1stgen crew cab or a newer crew cab?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 AM

1st gen would be ideal, just don't know how I'd find the time to do it. If I could find a non-rusty driveable crew to convert later on, maybe? It looks like you've got a bit of a project on your hands.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:32 AM

Yea, its ready for paint just trying to decide if I'm gonna paint it myself and where if so or if I can afford to have it done right in a booth. I'm thinking I need to have it done in a booth considering the time and effort I've got into it. Also, I intend on this being my truck till its dead or I am, LOL!
If you're not in to big a hurry there are trucks out there that are in pretty good shape still. My fathers friend was just given a 1st gen. crew cab that runs and needs relatively little to be a solid truck. You'll probly have to drive to get it though. I look at Craigslist all over the place and find all kinds of trucks pop up that I'd love to get. Just gotta drive. When I got mine it was still solid enough I could have just thrown it together and had a pretty decent truck, but I just figured I'd go ahead and build it the way I wanted it sense I could. Where bouts you live?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say hold off on selling and look hard for a crewcab there getting easier to find and Very easy to swap over as long as you have a donor truck if you got down to time you could do it in less then a month if you really wanted to I am in the process of working on my second swap as we speak I love my 08 but I sure miss the sound of the good ole 12 valve motor purrrin