1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Off to the DMV

Old 04-28-2017, 10:48 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Off to the DMV

List of fees Waht the Sam hell does "First prior" mean? I understand what the words mean but WTH? this stinks of double charge.
Attached Thumbnails Off to the DMV-wtf.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 11:05 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
List of fees Waht the Sam hell does "First prior" mean? I understand what the words mean but WTH? this stinks of double charge.
Bamboozled by bologna...

What a crock

Here, at least they lie to you and make the fee charges sound more legit...
Old 04-28-2017, 11:58 AM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
When I got mine registered having been registered in KS it had to have the VIN looked at by the DMV. The plate on the dash was OK but the sticker on the door jamb was faded and unreadable. The DMV guy had no clue what to do then because there has to be 2 VIN's on the vehicle that match. He sent me to the Highway Patrol so the trooper could put on overalls and look for a number on the frame. I guess he found one because he signed off on it and back to the tag office I went. I also had to get the truck weighed (5500#) and paid about $650 for all the fun. I got my tags after about 2 weeks.

I'd love to shove each one of those 650 dollars up guv moonbeams rear one at a time. Each one folded for the maximum number of sharp corners.

Edwin
The following 3 users liked this post by edwinsmith:
gyman98 (04-30-2017), mknittle (04-28-2017), thrashingcows (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 02:25 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Mark, is this for your dodge?
Old 04-28-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by bigragu
Mark, is this for your dodge?
Yes sir.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts
You gotta aks dem was up! I made the mistake of splitting property years ago in Placer county and they were charging me a fee for every tree removed over a certain size DBH. I asked them why when the property was choked with trees and needed serious thinning? Answer was "because we can"!!!!!!! I did get out of the "tree tax", took some hassle though.
Are you all ready for the additional 20 cents per gallon fuel tax for fixing roads and greenie transportation projects? A------es
The following 2 users liked this post by bigredbrick:
mknittle (04-28-2017), RamGuy84 (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 04:17 PM

Yes sir.
WoooooHooooooo!!!

Now, for some show and tell on your part, next time we hook up for lunch!

So, been down 49 with it, yet?

WoooooHoooooo!!!
mknittle (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
Love getting stuck with stuff. Just got my notice that the local power company WILL be installing smart meters in the near future. Can't wait for them to brown out my house when I'm running the big welder, or charge me commercial rate, or some LE agency or other to raid my house thinking I have a grow operation based on a spike in my electric usage. Unfortunately PA has no opt-out option since it is the law that they must be installed through out the state by 2023. I put a lock on the box about a year ago (they'll just cut it off and charge me for it). Thinking I might park the old Jeep in front of it. Then they'll just turn my power off. Knew I should've put in solar...
The following 2 users liked this post by MrFusion:
1992 Renegade (04-29-2017), mknittle (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by bigredbrick
You gotta aks dem was up! I made the mistake of splitting property years ago in Placer county and they were charging me a fee for every tree removed over a certain size DBH. I asked them why when the property was choked with trees and needed serious thinning? Answer was "because we can"!!!!!!! I did get out of the "tree tax", took some hassle though.
Are you all ready for the additional 20 cents per gallon fuel tax for fixing roads and greenie transportation projects? A------es
there is a 60 Some percent registration fee hike to go with the fuel tax.
Now brown wants a 141% registration hike and more fuel tax.
This is one reason I am moving to Oklahoma!
Old 04-28-2017, 06:03 PM

Fusion, I've had 3 estimates for that solar job. Way too much for my wallet. Two of the big solar installers here are coming out to $55k!!! That's a remote mount, underground conduit, trenching, footings for the panel supports, all that!

Really want it bad, as my summer electrical bill gets up to $1K/month!!.
Whoever said living out in the country is cheaper than city living was lying!!

Anyway, PM me if you're looking to still do the install, as all the stuff I learned about it is still fresh in my head. Don't want to hack into brother Mark's tread too much!

I'm on a Smart meter. Seems everyone here in CA are on SM's already.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by bigragu
WoooooHooooooo!!!

Now, for some show and tell on your part, next time we hook up for lunch!

So, been down 49 with it, yet?

WoooooHoooooo!!!
It still isn't all the way together yet. It should be going this week.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:27 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
there is a 60 Some percent registration fee hike to go with the fuel tax.
Now brown wants a 141% registration hike and more fuel tax.
This is one reason I am moving to Oklahoma!
I'd think twice about Oklahoma. I just came from there. Got stopped on a pretext of crossing over the lines in the road. Fortunately the cop got a more lucrative call so he let me go. Six months before that I got dinged for a burned out headlight. They will do Asset Forfeiture on your debit card and drain your checking account because they can.

Cops are becoming highway robbers. They take more than burglars on an annual basis.

Edwin
mknittle (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by bigredbrick

I recall, from 1996 to 2010, with all the remodels we did to our house I pulled permits for every phase. They hit me on school taxes. I asked them why, as my kid won't be attending any public schools in the area. They just simply said its part of the permit process. Then they hit you with some fee for the fire dept. when I inquired about that, they said with more square footage comes more area for a fire fighter to cover, should there be a fire.
I would have liked to build my own house, from ground up, as it was a dream of mine. Then one of my co workers did, and he said he had to pay something like $25K towards crap fees before he even shook a pebble on his land. At that point, I decided to find a small fixer upper, as I also learned that if one wall of the original house is still left standing, it's considered a remodel. Still get you on the permit fees, but not as much as a newly constructed house.
So glad I'm done with all that! All I want to do now is change out a light bulb or replace a sprinkler head, LOL!
Old 04-28-2017, 09:55 PM

I want to add, in the Construction trades with all the inspections, and code compliance requirements, that it is a fact that CA is the most stringent, when it comes to code compliance. Energy management, Title 24 requirements, earthquake seismic, all that, no other state comes close to how stringent CA building codes are.
Where am I going with this? I need a new roof. Roofing contractor comes out, and says that a permit is required, $400. I say, OK, and he says also, Title 24 compliance comes into effect, also. He explains that if my attic fluff insulation isn't up to R38(can't recall the R value) and my ducts don't have 2" of duct wrap, they have a contractor that works with their roofing company that will do the upgrade, and it will be added cost incorporated into the bid. Point I'm making is, everyone's hands are in the pot. Title 24 is all about energy commissioning, and it got mixed in with a roofing job, to ensure people are all energy compliant.

For a darn roofing job!!

Now, with all that rant aside, being in the commercial construction trades, even though the codes are a pain in the butt to pass inspections, there's no other state that I'd rather work in. With all of CA' bs rules and regs and what not, all that means to me is more work; steady employment.
Right now, Apple is towards the tail end of a new facility in the Bay Area. That job alone, employed over 3,000 tradesmen. 3,000, all at one time, everyday, on one job site. Crazy.
mknittle (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:10 PM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by MrFusion
Love getting stuck with stuff. Just got my notice that the local power company WILL be installing smart meters in the near future. Can't wait for them to brown out my house when I'm running the big welder, or charge me commercial rate, or some LE agency or other to raid my house thinking I have a grow operation based on a spike in my electric usage. Unfortunately PA has no opt-out option since it is the law that they must be installed through out the state by 2023. I put a lock on the box about a year ago (they'll just cut it off and charge me for it). Thinking I might park the old Jeep in front of it. Then they'll just turn my power off. Knew I should've put in solar...
Been there, done that. My tail is moving out of this military state as fast as I can get my life together. In this small poverty stricken and tourist invested county (tourism is our biggest source of revenue I'm told) young people are making more money cooking speed than working a real job, and you know what that means...more cops. And none of them are prepared to mind their own business. I hope to have Pennsyltucky in my rear view mirror in a year or two.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Off to the DMV