1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

new here

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new here

Hi, I'm not that new I guess I'm not that new, but I've never posted. I read allot. I have a 91 Non IC. I started thinking about doing a trans swap because when I bought the truck, we thought it had an 727 speed auto in it. To make a long story short, someone said I should have an OD right now and it just doesn't work. I need help on how to identify what I have. I took some pics and will post them later when I get to a different computer. Is there anything I can look for to tell. Ive already done a lot to the truck, re did the whole interior from blue to black, I have stacks, just have to find time to get them welded up, windows are getting tinted as soon as I finish rebuilding the window motors and get the new felt strips. I read a very nice how-to and led cab lights and I think I might do that too. Ive learned so much more on this site that the others iv been on since there are so many more 1ST gen'ers.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello there
I'm fairly new as well and my doner truck for my conversion was/is the exact same as yours. The Non ic 91's are from the first part of 1991 and are thus more akin to the 1990 trucks. The OD didn't come in until 1991 and a half I think. So the easiest way to tell if you have od is to see if you have the push button to activate it. On your dash it'll either say O/D or it'll sa Cargo lamp if it's like mine.

Hope that helps,
I plan to keep the 727 and throw a build kit into it with a better torque converter. That should help things with the trans.

Again Welcome

Eric
Old 08-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
If you don't have an intercooler you don't have OD.