1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Mid-States Cummins...Great Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mid-States Cummins...Great Guys!

Thought I'd let you guys know about a good experience I had...

Ordered a piston lift pump from these guys on Friday the 18th along with the parts to install it.

This pump is a SERIOUS piece of equipment...it makes the stock pump look dinky in comparison.

Anyway, when I ordered I paid extra to get Cummins "Engine Down Service" which overnights the parts to you.

Being home all day Saturday, and waiting until 2:00pm, I called them to find out if my parts had even been ordered, much less shipped. When I called they told me their computers were down...BUT...they had a book that they wrote everything down in.
He checked the book and said the parts had been ordered and they had a PO number that Cummins had returned to them, showing that the parts had been ordered from Cummins and shipped by them (Cummins).
I thought it was pretty slick of them to have back-up to their computer system.

So anyway, after being home all day Monday, I find a notice in my mailbox that FedEx has been there twice...Saturday and Monday. Call them and complain to no avail...

Later that evening I see I got a call from Mid-States Cummins...call them back to find out that Erin in the Parts Department had checked my tracking number, found out the parts hadn't been delivered and was personally checking on my order.

I was IMPRESSED! Not only did they have good prices and good service when placing the order, but great after-order service too!

Mid-States was recomended to me and I'm very glad they were...I will do all my stock parts business with them.

Hope this helps somebody else...

Vinny
Old 11-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Yeah I buy my parts from them too, the only bad thing is that they always want the engine serial code with i always seen to lose. I think ill be getting an oil cooler from them since its only 239 and they want 120 to pressure test mine. I bought parts to rebuild my injectors also and after i pulled my head again i bought a head gasket from them. Really help full too.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Banned

Which Mid-States dealer are you all going to?
Old 11-25-2005, 10:07 PM

I'm sure Vinny said he is going to Normal,IL, and FTD is going to Indy. FTD, I seen you were looking for a way to test your oil cooler.... You said you bought the high dollar troubleshooting and repair manual, right? The oil cooler pressure test procedure is in it.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Banned

Just for laughs you may wanna scan the attached thread about the Normal, IL Dealer.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ad.php?t=75859
Old 11-26-2005, 12:00 AM

First off,

Thanks bgilbert for steering me to Mid-States Cummins...great guys.

I ordered my stuff from MS Normal but when the BOL showed-up it was ordered from Cummins by MS Indy...so I guess it doesn't matter. One big happy family.

So 99 Cummins, did you hear back from Mid-States Normal about working on your truck yet?

Vinny
Old 11-26-2005, 12:53 PM

Right and i need some special tool to do it, Im just gonna buy a new one and if it dont fix it then i give up.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Banned

Ya, I heard from him. I tried to talk to the General manager for several weeks before I contacted their corporate HQ's and he wouldn't take or return my phone calls. After I received the letter he called several times and left messages but I never took any of his phone calls. I also did talk to the Maintenance Operations Manager for Cummins Mid-South on the phone and he assured me that if I ever had problems with service at one of their locations he would fix it and that this lack of communication with the customers was not customary and would not happen again. All of this is the short version of it all, with my point being that I do still go there for parts when needed but with all the stirrin I did in that pot I don't trust taking my truck their to be worked on. With the responses I got I'm sure that at least for a while my name will be pretty recognizable there. Out of all of this, I do agree though the staff there are great to work with that's why I got so mad when they wouldn't work on my truck.