1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Horrible vendor

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
lol
Old 02-21-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by nascar mark
Well I would point out, just because someone doesn’t have a brick & mortar location, doesn’t mean their not legit. I personally run my business out of my house. Wife has to share the kitchen counter (aka my shipping bench) with everything from injectors to turbo’s.
And I don’t even have a address or phone # on my site for a reason. I tried that many years ago & people would show up or phone at all times of the night.
#1 thing to look for in a vendor is - do they respond back to you in a timely matter & without excuses. If your email isn’t answered within 1 business day, I would suggest to move on.
I agree! Mark is one of the good vendors we should all support.

Thanks Mark!

Edwin
Old 02-21-2018, 11:15 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by nascar mark
Well I would point out, just because someone doesn’t have a brick & mortar location, doesn’t mean their not legit. I personally run my business out of my house. Wife has to share the kitchen counter (aka my shipping bench) with everything from injectors to turbo’s.
And I don’t even have a address or phone # on my site for a reason. I tried that many years ago & people would show up or phone at all times of the night.
#1 thing to look for in a vendor is - do they respond back to you in a timely matter & without excuses. If your email isn’t answered within 1 business day, I would suggest to move on.
I couldn't agree more. It's called "Branding".

Long ago, I met a fella by the name of Sonny Lykos. He was a true inspiration of how to conduct one's self regarding developing a reputation for making sure that none of his customers were ever disappointed or dismayed over a service provided. Sonny wasn't a millionaire or super millionaire by any means, but if you hired Sonny for anything, you knew you were getting everything you wanted, or even a bit more than you expected. All Sonny every wanted back (besides being paid ) was the recognition that he took great care of his customers, and they paid it forwards through recommendations. His reputation preceded him wherever he was, whether in person, or online helping other contractors learn the secrets of his success.

Sonny passed away before I got to know him too well, but his memory will always have a profound effect on who I am, and how I conduct my own business.

RIP Sonny.

BTW, if your business is registered with the state tax board, then your home address (or wherever you have your business name registered to) is listed online, and a simple google search for your business name should reveal your home address.

I haven't had anyone show up to my house.... yet, but if they do, my beagle will shoo them away with little effort. Between her being blind, and farting constantly, the stepping on their feet, or passing wind in their presence will drive those pesky customers away in no time whatsoever.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:55 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts
NJT I wish to god I had started a the thread on the 1st gen section on here instead of the 2nd gen. I thought since I was looking for information regarding a 2nd gen trans people would give their opinion. People didn't discuss this stuff at all. Now I know to bring all the questions to the 1st gen section since so many have ventured out of the 1st gen realm that all of your expertise wouldn't have led me astray.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
"...my beagle will shoo them away with little effort. Between her being blind, and farting constantly, the stepping on their feet, or passing wind in their presence will drive those pesky customers away in no time whatsoever."

You laugh but many years ago my father's neighbor Norm ran a small bait, guns and sporting goods store out of one half of his house. It was a legitimate business and did fairly well. He and his wife started with 3 Bichon Frize (?) dogs and various other animals. For whatever reason they didn't bother to spay/neuter the dogs. Then there were 7 little white rat dogs. They still didn't spay/neuter. Then there were 15 dogs. Then there were 23 dogs and various other animals. Only a few of the dogs were house trained or trained at all. They had the run of the house and the store. When you walked in the door of the shop you would suddenly be surrounded by a literal pack of dogs all yapping and more than a few nipping at you and his wife screaming not to let the dogs get out. Once you shuffled/kicked your way through the dog pack you would be smacked in the face with the odor of dog feces and urine. The dog situation literally ruined his business and he had to close within a year of the dog pack reaching its peak.

They were GREAT at driving pesky customers away.