1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Good Old Warhorse

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Old Warhorse

I just got finished pulling my new 25' 5th wheel camper over 5,000km, then hauling my old 35' 5th wheel camper to a spot in the bush 300km from where it was. The latter took 1 1/2hrs of sweating, clutch burning and chainsawing to get the old trailer backed into a space that more suited a VW. With all that finished, today hauling some cupboards near home I started hearing a recurring bump and grind in the dvrs side front. Sounded like a wheel bearing grinding itself to pieces. By the time I got home my brake pedal was near the floor and I found brake fluid dripping where you'd expect from a caliper. Point is that could've happened just as easily in Armpit, Saskatchewan where there's no parts and no decent place to work. Nope the old girl knew the big work was done and now was time for some maintenance. I've found this as a pattern, that when she has a failure it's when I can get time and parts for it. Like when a rear wheel seal failed: it covered the inside dually with hypoid but because of a sling ring in there didn't foul my brakes, and it was simply replace the seal and fluid. It's a work truck! , .... I could make the long story longer but you'll understand my point that when I win the lottery it'll be a major frame-off renovation of this truck rather than look at any pretty new trucks, and that's that! ....
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said sir! i have the same dream, win the lottery and make the old truck like mint and an amazing power house