1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Getrag 360 Shift Cover Diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Getrag 360 Shift-Cover Parts Diagram?

Howdy, got a remanufactured shift cover to install on Murphy's Law, my '92 D250. And, as per the law, a few parts fell out of the new cover and have gone a bit awry.

Does anyone have an internal parts diagram or exploded schematic that actually shows the shift cover internal components? I need to figure out where all these little parts are supposed to go, and am fed up waiting on turn around and remanufacturing times for returning parts. I understand that unlike the NV transmission covers, the Getrag ones aren't considered user-serviceable, but I hope someone might have some knowledge squirreled away regardless. I appreciate any help you can offer, thanks!

Jake

Last edited by Mr. Project; 05-12-2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Clarifying Title
Old 05-12-2018, 11:52 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Project
Howdy, got a remanufactured shift cover to install on Murphy's Law, my '92 D250. And, as per the law, a few parts fell out of the new cover and have gone a bit awry.

Does anyone have an internal parts diagram or exploded schematic that actually shows the shift cover internal components? I need to figure out where all these little parts are supposed to go, and am fed up waiting on turn around and remanufacturing times for returning parts. I understand that unlike the NV transmission covers, the Getrag ones aren't considered user-serviceable, but I hope someone might have some knowledge squirreled away regardless. I appreciate any help you can offer, thanks!

Jake
Here's a link to the rebuild manual. http://www.dieselhub.com/pdf/getrag-g360-manual.pdf
Old 05-13-2018, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
edwinsmith,

I appreciate your response, unfortunately I have already reviewed this manual. On page 21-63, it treats the top cover as a single assembly that is to be replaced entirely if it fails inspection and gives no further information about how the cover is assembled. This is why I am seeking either a higher-level manual, or a less official source of information.

Since I know that these covers can be remanufactured, and I also know that other transmission covers like the NV series provide parts information about the transmission cover assembly for use at user-level, that hopefully there is someone out there who has taken a Getrag shift cover apart (either professionally or on accident like myself) and can give me a little insight.

Since my intent is merely to reinstall new items that fell out of the rebuilt cover, I just need a way to be able to identify the components, and a rough order of assembly. Just to verify that everything that fell out, and where it needs to go.
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (05-13-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Project
edwinsmith,

I appreciate your response, unfortunately I have already reviewed this manual. On page 21-63, it treats the top cover as a single assembly that is to be replaced entirely if it fails inspection and gives no further information about how the cover is assembled. This is why I am seeking either a higher-level manual, or a less official source of information.

Since I know that these covers can be remanufactured, and I also know that other transmission covers like the NV series provide parts information about the transmission cover assembly for use at user-level, that hopefully there is someone out there who has taken a Getrag shift cover apart (either professionally or on accident like myself) and can give me a little insight.

Since my intent is merely to reinstall new items that fell out of the rebuilt cover, I just need a way to be able to identify the components, and a rough order of assembly. Just to verify that everything that fell out, and where it needs to go.
OK. Sorry. I didn't review the manual I assumed it would be complete.

Edwin