1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

ganged fuse holder or individual?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 01:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
ganged fuse holder or individual?

I have been looking to add a few add ons to my truck. so far i've wired in an electric fan using a flex-a-lite 31149 controller, i also want to wire in my fog lights (they're mounted just not wired). and i wanted to have room for a little more later on if i find a need for something else.

I really don't want to be splicing into the factory harness if i dont have to. so what i was wondering is if i should use a ganged fuse holder. i've really only found one from del-city. but there is a bunch with individual power posts. My eventual goal is to keep the underhood fairly clean and organized, so It would seem to make more sense to use a fuse holder with a single +

If i go with an individual one is there any reason i couldn't daisychain the power posts together?
Old 12-06-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan70
I have been looking to add a few add ons to my truck. so far i've wired in an electric fan using a flex-a-lite 31149 controller, i also want to wire in my fog lights (they're mounted just not wired). and i wanted to have room for a little more later on if i find a need for something else.

I really don't want to be splicing into the factory harness if i dont have to. so what i was wondering is if i should use a ganged fuse holder. i've really only found one from del-city. but there is a bunch with individual power posts. My eventual goal is to keep the underhood fairly clean and organized, so It would seem to make more sense to use a fuse holder with a single +

If i go with an individual one is there any reason i couldn't daisychain the power posts together?
I've used these 2 from DelCity.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try blue sea marine fuse block way better than anything i have found
Old 12-07-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts
I am in the process of wiring a distribution block from a ford. My headlight relays, maxi fuses, and atc fuses will all go in there. Best bar is here is I only paid $10.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Those blue sea ones look pretty nice.. time to add it to the xmas list

Then i can finish cleaning up my electric fan install
Old 12-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think a gang style would make for the cleanest looking install, as well as ease of future additions. Be sure to run heavy enough primary wire for the total amps you anticipate plus lol.

I, too, plan on using a power distribution box from a manufacturer (currently I have Fords, but haven't settled on one yet)