1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

First Gen Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
First Gen Sightings

When you guys see another first genner out there , do you stop them and check out their rigs ? Well, dang nabbit, I'm one of those wacko's now. Before January, last year when I bought my 1st First gen diesel, I never thought twice about these trucks. I must have since gone crazy.

The guy I met today was driving around in a 91.5 w250 that resided not too far from me, where he bought it. I never knew there was another one nearby, but I guess I know now... that he owns it.

I'm appalled @ my "stopping the other 1st Genner dodge" behavior, and with my aggressive demanding that he show up here and not just lurk on this forum any longer.

I'm so ashamed

Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stare but don't stop to talk. I've never had anyone stop me either.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Banned

Welcome to the club. I keep my eyes out for them always. If I'm parked by one (which is rare), I'll wait for the owner to come out and I'll visit with them for awhile. That is how I found out which salvages to go to and who is a good 12V mechanic in the area.
Bill
Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 PM
DHT

My wife tells me I can spot em a mile away from anywhere.....
Old 12-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1990
I stare but don't stop to talk. I've never had anyone stop me either.
Same here. There are about 3 nice ones in the area and we always stare at each other going down the highway but never stop to talk. If I found one of them parked I would wait and talk to the owner.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM

There are more then just a few running around here and every one waves to one another.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 138 Likes on 86 Posts
Just last week i was waiting on the wife in kroger parking lot and this man in a red/white 92 W250 pulls up and gets out, crawls under, looks under the hood, we talked for a good hour.

come to find out he had the LE front bumper plastic on another bumper at home, said come over you can have it.

it's a sickness i tell-ya.......a sickness

Dar
Old 12-28-2011, 02:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DHT
My wife tells me I can spot em a mile away from anywhere.....
Ha ha! I usually just get the head shake/eye roll . I won`t stop someone but I have chatted it up at a fuel pump on the RARE occasion I see another one of these beasts in my neck of the woods, usually I`ll tap the horn and give a thumbsup.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned

I thoroughly agree, (and so will my wife) IT IS A SICKNESS!!!
Bill
Old 12-28-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Second admission.

We both were going into a big box store. He went first, then I pulled in after I went to the post office.

talked about the trucks....About an hour or so..... Yup,

Since I know approximately where he lives, if there's ever an "east coast" meet here in NJ or nearby, I'm going to flag him down and tell him about the meet.

The more the merrier !

If I see another first gen, and they're looking back @ my truck, I give the "thums up " and they usually laugh.

Really funny part, is now my wife spots them too.... !

T.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Its only a sickness if you are the only one in the family that does it. If you can get your wife and kids to do it also, then you can call it the "norm". I hope to have the rest of the household converted here soon so I will no longer get the rolling eye ***** and can be considered fully normal again. Given the circumstance, I look forward to talking with owners I come across. Happens on very rare occasions and the roads are full of mostly new vehicles around my parts. You never know what you might learn or what interesting information may come of it. I met another great forum member here (TLRMAN) who lives in my area and helped me install a 3200 spring.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I spot them coming at me or on the other side of the highway I'll usually give them the jersey fist pump out the window, they usually wave back.

I like talking to the old guys about them, that have had them since new and say they're gonna die in them because they love it so much

I've even left notes on 1st gens before.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM

I just saw a white crew cab w250 at my local wawa waited 20mins for someone to show. no one got in it had a nice push bar on it. The other week at lowes talked to an old guy bout his truck for 45mins

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 12-28-2011, 07:33 PM

They are conversation pieces! Even non 1st genners approach me. I work in commercial construction and today, some guy on the jobsite picked me out of the crowd and said " you drive that old Dodge? How much? I wana buy it?". Needless to say he didn't have enough. Lol
Old 12-29-2011, 12:27 AM

I've been the victim several times of other dodge owners slow rolling by me on the highway checking out the ol truck. I've also been guilty of spotting a 1st gen ahead of me and catching up to check it out. Get stopped about once a month at the gas station to talk about it. Even been chased across a restaurant parking lot by a guy wanting my number incase he ever gets his powerstroke stuck

Quick Reply: First Gen Sightings