1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Down Pipe (fat chance)LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Down Pipe (fat chance)LOL

Ok I have to ask anyway.

I have a BD exhaust break and would like to go from the
3" at the brake to 4" exhaust from there back. Does anyone know who has a kit or makes a down pipe that will work? I know it has to go from 3" at the brake to the 4".

If that's not an option is there anyone that makes a 4" kit from the down pipe back?

thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I probably have the same exhaust brake. Mine is just behind the cab. So what you are saying is keep the 3 in. to the brake then go 4 in. after. Is your exhaust brake in a closer position to the engine than mine if so it can't be that much closer to the engine.

Russ
Old 08-27-2007, 08:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
As we discussed at Ryan`s place, this is what I would do ;
Use one of these 3 to 4 in adaptors right at the vertical drop on the DP, mate that adaptor to one of these downpipes, and finish off the rest with this exhaust kit. In retrospect...holy cow how $$$ have gone up since I got my stuff a few years ago. It`s not cheap by any means, and it will require some fab work and welding but I think it would make for a nice clean setup. Theres a pic of my DP setup in my gallery (duhhhh...should have shown it to ya in person). I know my setup is different than yours (no exh brake) but the execution is the same, you will just have to cut and weld in a different location to get it all packaged in there.

On edit, the reason I posted the airflo link for the adapter versus the sourceauto one is that the airflo one has a much gentler transition, look at my gallery and you can see how abrupt the size change is...don`t know if that hurts flow or not, and in m,y setup I don`t think I would have had the room to fit a longer tapered adaptor in there.