1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Calling out STOMP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by DJ Turbo.
Stomp must be a little embarrased at this point even though on fuel he beats you hands down is your go juice system bigger or what?
Man I guess you just can’t please everyone can you? Here is the situation I didn’t want to reconfigure my motor just so I could run a huge amount of nitrous. I left my current twins on there because Hamilton sent me a cam that he wanted to try out. If I changed everything I would be able to provide him very good feedback would I? I also wanted to see if I could get a good fuel only number.

I put a big nitrous kit on and gave her all she had. Can you argue that one? It might have even cost me a motor that doesn’t even have 450 miles on it. I guess I should have stopped at run 8.

When Jason laid down 972hp I knew that I wouldn’t be able to even come close to that. I didn’t think I would get over 800hp with my current set of twins. So I was pleasantly surprised when I got close to 900.

I’m glad someone finally came along and took the top honors. Year after year I read posts that oh I’m going to do this and I am going to do that to go after the top spot. Jason stuck to his guns and went after it and he flat out handed it to me.

Originally Posted by DJ Turbo.
I didnt mean about that I meant about him and Jason because stomp sure talked some smack so he might be a lil red bout that just saying
Jason called me before he even threw out the challenge and told me to talk some smack to help promote the challenge. I guess the hope was to see if anyone else would jump in and give it a shot.

Believe me there are no hard feelings it was all in good fun.

I was one of the first ones to congratulate him. I only have one question for Jason. When I call out the challenge for a rematch is he going to show up???

Stomp
Old 11-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
You got it buddy-boy!!

Single VE pumps only!!

I still got a few tricks left.

And for the record....733rwhp was the number to beat a few months ago, so I think this may go to show what some friendly competition can do....

FYI, might have to go for your "fuel only numbers" soon
Old 11-08-2011, 11:09 PM

And change your sig.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Stomp

I’m glad someone finally came along and took the top honors. Year after year I read posts that oh I’m going to do this and I am going to do that to go after the top spot.

Stomp
x2....I've gotten a few private messages saying they're gunning for the top already. Well, welcome to the party. It takes some work!!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by JQmile
RB=Diesel Power Magazine's Rust Bucket...the 89 Dodge I have been working on for the past few years.

Videos:

http://blogs.dieselpowermag.com/6759...ins/index.html

Now I get to be made fun of in front of millions of viewers SWEET. I can’t wait for the magazine to come out.

See there’s no hard feelings.

Stomp
Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 PM

You guys both deserve congratulations on the numbers you put down. These types of exhibitions provide much needed energy when things get stagnate. Plus, it stimulates ideas about the how and why it was possible. Thanks for giving the 1st gen world a shot in the arm.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 PM

Didnt meant to upset either Jason Stomp or any other fellow 1st genners I just have a weird tendency to be good at pissing people off unintentially
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 AM

Stomp,Great competition!! Hope all thats wrong with your motor is a head gasket. To ruin a new engine is a bitter pill to swallow. Let us know the outcome of the teardown. Also congrats to both of you. Jason be a sport help stomp fix his engine!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by deanhinsley1963
Stomp,Great competition!! Hope all thats wrong with your motor is a head gasket. To ruin a new engine is a bitter pill to swallow. Let us know the outcome of the teardown. Also congrats to both of you. Jason be a sport help stomp fix his engine!!!
Yeah Jason help a brother out! We need to start the help stomp get running again fund.

Thanks for the compliment Dean. I will get to tear it down in a couple of weeks, and I will let everyone know the outcome.

Stomp
Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Stomp
Yeah Jason help a brother out! We need to start the help stomp get running again fund.

Stomp
No way man. If I touch your truck it might make some more power

My plan is to have a reign at the top as long as yours, so I should be available in like 2018. Plus, you have plenty of help, I am sure Ponci warranties compound turbo engines using nitrous and water-meth

Seriously though, again, good job. After you made the 899 I was a little worried. There's obviously still more left on the table with better turbos, wastegating, etc. I was also impressed that you didn't backfire the crap out of your truck like most people do when they first start spraying hard. Especially with how nervous you were
Old 11-22-2011, 11:58 PM

Im stuck in crappy Indonesia missing out on all the diesel fun. But making some good extra money and steady ordering parts for the truck. Jason, sit back and get comfy at the top. That way I can still be the first to hit 4 digit dyno numbers. haha. I havent given up the chase, I'm taking my time and getting things just right. And unlike the more popular dyno kings, 100% of mine is out of pocket full price. But who cares, its worth every penny and I'm not giving up!
Old 11-23-2011, 01:45 AM

Wow I wish and dream about having trucks like the three of you do but I'll have to settle for my heap of junk for the time being but maybe someday lol