1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

1st gen pics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my 92 350 2wd shown in pic from ebay, when I bought it last Nov. More pics in my gallery. It's originally from CA, was in Denver, whole underside is like new, NO RUST, and clean as I've seen for the age! What a difference from original Missouri trucks, they are lucky not to rust out everwhere within 5-10yrs. :-( Anyways, I've changed the front/rear bumpers to the older style(pre-83) because I like the 'thinner' style, and replaced the GTS acrylic window shades with Ventshade stainless now. And rotated the wheels so the 2 original silver-painted ones are up front(other 4 primer gray color shown), then added chrome lug nut covers. But I want to go with OEM caps(I have an idea about that...). All stock running gear, 211K now, EVERYTHING works!! :-) PS - ebay purchase $5,900 Nov 06 w/203K
Old 03-27-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats a nice looking truck and it is very clean, good find
Old 03-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by whereswaldo250
Thats a nice looking truck and it is very clean, good find
Hiya waldo(found ya!). I guess you mean my truck? If so, thanks man, I think it serves it's purpose. By no means as nice as most others here, but acceptable! ;-) Seeya...
Old 03-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Here is what I drive around Southern California in, 1991 D-350 LE
I have since added Firestone Air Ride's, modified my spring pack and last week I replaced my 5 year old Kenwood receiver with a JVC receiver that plays Mp3's, CD, Video Disk and DVD's and has a auxiliary input for my soon to be installed rear video camera.
Also all 6 new tires since these were taken.

These are the new LED marker lights I have installed.

Jim
Old 03-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

VERY nice, Jim_Lane!! I really like those led markers. do you have info on where to buy, maybe some installation guidelines/tips? I do like OEM when possible, but have always been of the opinion the original markers look like major after-thought, maybe torpedoes or something! Yours are great looking, really modern! Bed topper color/style match great, and I envy the look and use of those Alcoa(?) wheels! Are they direct bolt-ons(16's?) or an adapted size? I can see why it made Truck Of The Month! Thanks for sharing, be careful motoring around southern CA!(...remember, though it may only be paranoia telling you they are out to get you, that doesn't mean they AREN'T!!)
Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Here is mine nothing has changed except for the pipe and muff is cutoff. O yeah and new shocks.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:05 PM

LEDs are all over ebay...
Old 03-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Banned

Good thought, the ebay reference(what was I thinkin'??) Thanks! :-)
Old 03-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by 92DuallyCTD
VERY nice, Jim_Lane!! I really like those led markers. do you have info on where to buy, maybe some installation guidelines/tips? I do like OEM when possible, but have always been of the opinion the original markers look like major after-thought, maybe torpedoes or something! Yours are great looking, really modern! Bed topper color/style match great, and I envy the look and use of those Alcoa(?) wheels! Are they direct bolt-ons(16's?) or an adapted size? I can see why it made Truck Of The Month! Thanks for sharing, be careful motoring around southern CA!(...remember, though it may only be paranoia telling you they are out to get you, that doesn't mean they AREN'T!!)

Thank You....
I bought the LED lamps from a lighting house called Lu's Lighthouse they are a specialty shop for trucks and emergency vehicles, but any good truck stop or supply can get them.

I would recommend getting GOOD lights the first time and stay away from imports also when you get the good ones from a lighting or truck supply they have a warranty. I have has a few of my marker lights loose a few LED's for some reason and I took them back to where I got them more than a year later and they replaced them no questions asked.

Here is the write up I did for the installation of my marker lights.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=100449

The camper is a Leer and follows the lines well, as for the color A few years back I had the truck taken down to the bare metal and the truck and camper were both shot with a Dark Metallic Quartz paint.

I wish the wheels were Alcoa’s I got them out of the Recycler from a guy up on Mulholland Drive and we weren’t sure if they would fit and the finish was a bit rough on a few so I finally left with a set of rims for around $100.00 but what hurt me is when I had to buy all of the lug nuts.

Someone is always bumping into the rear of my truck and the military style pintle hitch usually destroys their front end before they get to my bumper.

Someone is always out to get you.

Jim
Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

Thanks Jim, for the link to the great article you wrote!! Wow, that was waaaay more info than I could have expected. Just short of having you buy the lights for me and come install them! So what are you doing this weekend... ;-) Clear down to bare metal would explain the superior paint alrighty. Such a deal on the wheels, wishing that could happen for everyone, but maybe someday...<sigh>...Thanks a bunch, first thing I'll do is follow your excellent instructions, take care!! :-)
Old 03-28-2007, 10:26 PM

Here's a pic of the old girl last year at the NHRDA drags in Portland Oregon.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:12 AM

timb- nice! So they're doing the drags in Portland now? I haven't lived there for about 14 years or so, but we used to go to Woodburn when I was in high school. Good times.... Miss my old Challenger...
Old 03-29-2007, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by alborada
Here is mine nothing has changed except for the pipe and muff is cutoff. O yeah and new shocks.
Best colors ever put on a truck right there.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:28 AM

Nope, that would be these....looks pretty sharp though.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:08 AM

here is mine before the nationals and the mojave wheels and a few other small mods, and thats my 83 yota on 38's

Quick Reply: 1st gen pics anyone?