1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

190 injectors, how many holes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bosch 4 hole injectors

I found a great deal on some 190's, slightly used (less than 1000 miles).

The seller pointed out that they have:

Inj tip #9351.They have 4 holes.
Is that the normal number of holes on these injectors? Is this how they would normally come if I ordered them from puredieselpower?

--Chris
Old 04-03-2008, 03:11 PM

190's are 5 holers
the ones your lookin at maybe the ones like what i found on ebay by performancepro1 they are 4 holer 40 horse injectors, not to bad but a little smokey, but wats the price on them

mine where made in brazil but are still bosch, mite be the same
Old 04-03-2008, 03:37 PM

Price was $215 shipped. Should I be thinking about swapping out the nozzles for 5 hole versions before I install them?

The person selling them told me they were bosch #0 432 131 837 injectors
Old 04-03-2008, 04:35 PM

yep same thing as what i got, there not bad injectors, did give me more power, but they can be a little hazy at lower temps, but they dont smoke too bad, and get decent milage.

just make sure when you install them you give it some timing, otherwise it will hardly start.

also my egts arent too bad for the fuel/turbo i got, but it will hit 1300 once i hit OD.
you might also want to upgrade your fuel system, mine will pull down to 0 psi on a long run.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 PM

Ah well, I thought I was buying the 190s. I hope these are a good fit for towing. I just saw them and jumped at the price. Did it change your MPG at all?

With these injectors, dennyt stage 1 pin, the 933 spring, and everything else stock, I hope EGTs don't become an issue. I didn't expect to need to upgrade the lift pump. I hope that's not necessary.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

I had some of those a while back (extrude honed), and didnt like them. Going back to stock gave me almost 2 more MPGs. Towing EGT wasnt bad, but the mileage and smoke were more than I wanted. They were good for about 60hp.

DP
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 PM

Finally some discussion on these injectors

Originally Posted by gomerpile
just make sure when you install them you give it some timing, otherwise it will hardly start.
Interesting, I just installed these injectors and like the power and mileage that I am getting. I think that 40 hp is a conservative estimate and having had 250000 mile stockers mileage gains is a given. But the starting is a PITA and I have been chasing air leaks to no avail.

How much timing are you running? The bodies on the ones I bought from EIS said they were set for 245psi. That suggests that stock timing should work (I am set to 15 degrees, but was going to bump to 17 this weekend).

BTW, mine will smoke a little (like a coal train smokes a little) at low boost full throttle. Not that I would ever do that while passing a dude in a blue prius going 15mph under the speed limit.... (someone has to get that). It is very controllable, and to my suprise, even when I engine brake down a long grade and the EGTs pull down to 150 degrees, I can roll on the throttle and get smooth power with very little gray smoke. Haven't towed anything yet, but have to go move a small tractor (approx 8000lbs including trailer) either this weekend or next so I will let you know.

This is the FIRST thread to really tackle the ins and outs of these injectors, which, in my opinion are a very viable option, and have become very affordable thanks to flea bay. Sort of a half way between 190 and POD solution. Lets pack the info in here. I will keep you all posted as I dial mine in. Since the OP actually bought these, perhaps a change of title to "bosch 4 hole injectors" would attract others that are running these sticks?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:37 AM

mine didnt really hurt my milage, but once again thats all b/c the stockers where old.

i just shoved the pump all the way towards the motor which worked great, i want a little more but other than that its fine.

they are good injectors for the price, but dont by them from performancepro1 from flea bay, because i e-mailed him about 10 times to no avail, awful CS.

towing is just fine even with the stuff in my sig.
my only concern with them is my tranny just because it needs to be upgraded.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:58 PM

Well, I tried to change the subject, but it didn't change on the main forum page.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:19 PM

So what kind of power will these injectors be good for? I know the 190's can be pushed to make 300whp so these may be slightly higher right?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:21 PM

well on mine make enough power to kill the slush box auto of mine. they gave me enough power to put a lot of cars to shame.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by dpuckett
I had some of those a while back (extrude honed), and didnt like them. Going back to stock gave me almost 2 more MPGs. Towing EGT wasnt bad, but the mileage and smoke were more than I wanted. They were good for about 60hp.

DP
Did you have them extrude honed? I can see how that might have been a bit much, but then PODs are popular and have 4 larger holes. But then, smoke and mileage is the main complaint with those. Has anyone measured the holes in these injectors? I should have done that before I stuck mine in. Maybe I will pull them again and pop test them to figure out that timing issue and measure the holes when I have them out.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:07 PM

it does sound like a substancial hp gain and most seem to have gained or at least maintained the stock fuel mileage, i suspect that maybe those who did loose some mileage might simply have been tempted to use the availlable power...thinking out loud here...it does sound like advancing the timing does help, whitch way do i turn the pump to advance mine...
also, i have a set of stock injectors off my 1995 ( 190hp) ...they have 5 holes and are numbered 6814, the only difference i can notice is the high pressure fitting on top is larger, otherwise they would interchange...any thoughts on using that five hole tip on my new injectors...?