12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

webasto

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
webasto

hi guys me again i want to get a webasto or proheat heater for my truck before winter rolls around again because it can get pretty cold up here in northern ontario and i only drive 5 miles each way for work thought it would be good to have the engine warmed up good my dad has one on his truck and it works awesome his is mounted where all the abs stuff is on my 98 (no abs on his 95) just wondering if anyone has any experience with these or any idea where i could get a deal on one

thanx in advance
Old 04-26-2004, 10:46 AM
RCW

I would suggest you look for a heavy duty truck salvage yard to find either unit at a discount price. The diesel fired coolant heaters I have used from either manufacturer are pretty good sized, about 50 lbs, and take a lot of room to mount and some pretty heavy duty battery power. Both seem to be reliable.

If you are where you can plug your rig into commercial power, Proheat has some pretty effective pad type heaters that work much better than the OEM Cummins block heater.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:25 AM

I have an ESPAR Hydronic 4 - works great on the cold Alberta prairies. I have tried running without it - plugging in just doesnt compare. Its pretty nice to get into a warm cab and never have to scrape windows.

http://www.espar.com/htm/applies/pickup.htm

As for where to get one....call your local Cummins shop......or try to find one online. Mine was installed in my truck when I bought it, but the install doesnt look like it would be too difficult.

Good Luck.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Both Webastos and Espar http://www.espar.com/ make units especially for the Dodge that will fit right in. Both are high quality but the Webastos is cheaper. A couple years ago an outfit out of Utah (do a internet search) had the best price on Webastos. The Espar prices seem to be pretty fixed.
Webastos has far more dealers than Espar in N. America and is the one most big rigs use.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:59 AM

Exclamation Engine heater

I recommend the Espar hydronic heater they come in diffrent heat ranges. You should be able to find them at any big truck shop or trailer reffer shop.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:45 PM

thanx for all the quick replies i'll let you know how i make out
in the research right now but deffinatly want to install one before winter