12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Lukes Link VS Other Setups

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lukes Link VS Other Setups

I have the following done to my steering:
AGR Steering Box
Lukes Link
DSS Stabilizer
Borgeson Steering Shaft

I haven't touched the stock stabilizer (likely shot)

Is there anything else that I could add to tighten/improve the steering? Is it worth it going with the newer style 3rd gen trackbar?
I'm pretty happy with how it is compared to how it was when I got it.. but I feel there is still room for improvement.

Any ideas?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Garrett,

If you address the cause of any steering problems you have, it's likely you won't need to replace the steering stabilizer. All they do is mask problems anyhow. I run 37" Swampers with NO steering stablizer and the only handling problems I have are related to the thrust angle (rear axle is toed a little).

Luke's link is a great band aid, but sooner or later the cup that the joint rides in will wear out and you'll have to replace the joint anyhow. The most drastic improvement I saw was to ditch the TRE's alll together and go to a cross over steering set up with heims.

I'm not a big fan of the 3rd Gen TBK for reasons I've posted several times in other threads. In my experience, the two best options are the DT track bar or the Thurenfab bar. Of these two, the Thuren bar seems to last longer and it's also the cheapest of the three options. It's also completely rebuildable. With a levelling kit, the 0-3" bar is a direct bolt on, no welding required.

Here's the link.....http://thurenfabrication.com/stocktb.html

There's also some pics of my set up in my gallery.