12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Just got my new injectors!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine hasn't even got hot yet and I've raged it pretty hard. I think that it runs cooler than before. I have the stage twos frow pensacola and my other mods are in my sig. I have over 200k miles on the truck and DON'T, THAT'S DON'T, have an idle haze hardly at all. A little when it's cold, but nothing once it warms up. Probably about 1/3 to 1/4 of the idle haze it had with the stockers. I have a neighbor that ruined an engine in a backhoe from the wrong spray pattern on the injectors. It took almost 15 years of near daily running to do noticeable damage. Most diesle engines run thousands of hours or hundreds of thousands of miles where the damage does become present. I will agree that the wrong spray pattern isn't good but how many of us are going to keep our trucks for 15-20 more years and in that time put 20000 hours on our engines? probably not likely. I would recommend the pensacole injectors over anything at this point. They are new- no core. you can keep your old ones and do whatever you want with them. rebuild them and change them out every few years to keep the engine running peak performance. Most all other injectors are reman, they want your core. I don't like reman stuff, I like new. I think that I couldn't ask for anything more than what I've got from the pensacola injectors, marine, industrial, whatever, but that my truck starts easier when cold. I have to plug it in since I have 2 bad batteries, I bet with good bats, she'll fire right up and smoke less than before. you guys should see the 500hp cummins thats in the corn chopper and the 100hp cumalong in the case tractors. Those engines fill the yard up with blue smoke (idle haze) all of the time cold, hot, anytime, and one of those is a new engine.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by dieselman2300
They are just a Bosch 300 either way you look at it. You also run a marine injector at 16-16.5*.
My shop had a set of GENUINe Bosch 300's and I checked them myself, they were 5 hole injectors NOT 4 hole.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How do their stage 2's stack up power-wise with the DDP2's and the bosch 300's?
Old 01-23-2008, 10:55 PM

I had stage 2 pensacola sticks in my 97 for about 2 months before i sold them. I didn't notice a hug difference between those and stock but I also replaced my IP at the same time. What i do know is with a 4 inch exhaust they really make the turbo sing. To much actully i could max my 35 psi gauge at about 40% throttle. stock boost was about 32 psi with my pre tuned pump mods (gutted afc and a #10) I had about the same amount of smoke as before. My truck did take a second or two longer to start but that could have been due to the new IP.

Chris

On a plus side i baught these for about 204.00 and sold my stock 215s for somthing like 150.00
Old 01-24-2008, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ru rammin 2?
Mine hasn't even got hot yet and I've raged it pretty hard. I think that it runs cooler than before. I have the stage twos frow pensacola and my other mods are in my sig. I have over 200k miles on the truck and DON'T, THAT'S DON'T, have an idle haze hardly at all. A little when it's cold, but nothing once it warms up. Probably about 1/3 to 1/4 of the idle haze it had with the stockers. I have a neighbor that ruined an engine in a backhoe from the wrong spray pattern on the injectors. It took almost 15 years of near daily running to do noticeable damage. Most diesle engines run thousands of hours or hundreds of thousands of miles where the damage does become present. I will agree that the wrong spray pattern isn't good but how many of us are going to keep our trucks for 15-20 more years and in that time put 20000 hours on our engines? probably not likely. I would recommend the pensacole injectors over anything at this point. They are new- no core. you can keep your old ones and do whatever you want with them. rebuild them and change them out every few years to keep the engine running peak performance. Most all other injectors are reman, they want your core. I don't like reman stuff, I like new. I think that I couldn't ask for anything more than what I've got from the pensacola injectors, marine, industrial, whatever, but that my truck starts easier when cold. I have to plug it in since I have 2 bad batteries, I bet with good bats, she'll fire right up and smoke less than before. you guys should see the 500hp cummins thats in the corn chopper and the 100hp cumalong in the case tractors. Those engines fill the yard up with blue smoke (idle haze) all of the time cold, hot, anytime, and one of those is a new engine.
On another note, it sounds by the way ya talk even to clear up the idle haze these inj are well worth the $$ I've seen them for a while even ask about them on here before tight as $$ is right now it looks like these will probly be the inj for me for the time being, thanks for the post really helped.

Didn't mean to highjack the thread just tryin to clarify, wasn't meant to say these inj or 370's ect would cause damage, just that spray on top the bowl in general would eventually cause damage.

But again thanks for posting your results.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by thewished
My shop had a set of GENUINe Bosch 300's and I checked them myself, they were 5 hole injectors NOT 4 hole.

You have gotten the wrong info. A Bosch Marine 300 is a 4 hole injector. A quick 5 min. search on here will tell you that.
Marine 330s and 370s are a 5 hole. Maybe they showed you a set of these.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by thewished
Yeah, I just talked to a guy who has a set of Bosch 300s. They are a 4 hole x .012.

Like I said Pensacola is just selling Bosch marine 300s which have the wrong spray pattern.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:00 PM

I still think that the spray pattern is probably fine. You would see the damage when you tear your engine down but who is planning that? plus the spray pattern will change drastically any way just by getting a few thousands difference in washer thickness.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:01 PM

Still a good price for the injectors, no matter what they are in my opinion! Im fixing to order a set for my motor thats going in my 73 Dodge C-800.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:09 PM

I will recommend them exclusively. I couldn't ask for a better setup even for more or less money.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 PM

I still think that the spray pattern is probably fine. You would see the damage when you tear your engine down but who is planning that? plus the spray pattern will change drastically any way just by getting a few thousands difference in washer thickness.

I NEVER said they werent a good injector. If you read my earlier posts you would see that I ran Bosch Marine 370s for over a year with no complaints.

As far as tearing down the engine to see damage
It will happen to you sooner or later. Can you say Head Gasket?
That will be the time to see how the tops of your pistons will be.
Personally mine were fine.
If you run to much timing with a marine injector, that is when it will cause damage from spraying out of the bowl.
It is recommended on here to not go over 16.5* with Marine injectors.

If you like the Marine injectors, you should try a set of New Era or DDPs. Then you will see what I am talking about.

As far as recommending them exclusively. You need to try different injectors to do that. You have gone from stock 215s to Marine 300s.

I have done stock 215s, marine 370s, New Era 370s, and now DDP4s. Every set had more power. It was when I realized the difference in spray patterns from going from the 370 marines to the New Era 370s.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:58 PM

I see what you are saying but I have seen lots of diesel engines run way smokier with the proper injectors than my marine injectors run. I probably won't be changing injectors or head gaskets any time soon. And on top of that I'm considering selling the truck. It does way better now than before with the stockers and as far as the idle haze, I haven't noticed one. As far as the timing I am running 16*. I don't think that my head gasket will prematurely fail unless it's defective.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 PM

One more thing, if the spray pattern is wrong then how are injectors that have 5 holes instead of 4 holes the right spray pattern? An extra hole will make a totally different pattern.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:32 PM

One more thing, if the spray pattern is wrong then how are injectors that have 5 holes instead of 4 holes the right spray pattern? An extra hole will make a totally different pattern.

Its the angle that the fuel comes out of the tip.

You can get 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12 and even 14 hole injectors.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:43 PM

I get that but I don't see how a 10* difference is hardly even relevent. 5* per side? That is very minute. I bet that the chincy copper washers have enough runout to them that the difference is more than 5*. I've seen shims removed from injectors on a 4430 JD and the HP jumped from 125 to 160 without even turning up the pump. I bet that changed the atomization angle!! It is still working fine to my knowledge.

Quick Reply: Just got my new injectors!!