12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Injector problems!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector problems!!

well I was putting some 215hp injectors (from my 97') into a friends 95' & when we put it back together we had a couple of leaks, the last injector was leaking around the rubber washer between the body & the hold down nut, & the 2nd to last one was leaking where the return line bolt went in, after removing them I found that the return line bolt had been started crooked, & messed up the threads, so I took the body from one of the 180hp injectors & put the 215hp tip on, ( I know it probably needs to be pop tested, but figured people install their own nozzles & run them un-tested all the time , so any way) got everything back together, made sure the rubber washers were all seated good, started it up & now the third injector from the back is leaking around the rubber washer & the last one is leaking around the return line??? seems like I get one thing fixed & another screws up, I also should add that I used the thin washers from the kit, was told to use them w/my 300's & thought I'd read to do the same w/ 215's, could the washers be causing my problems, or is there anything else you guys can think of????? thanks in advance, Dusty
Old 03-07-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the 97 215 injectors are supposed to have the thin washers, so that shouldn't be your problem.

the rubber orings between the hold down nut & the injector are just dust selas...they shoudn't be seeing fuel pressure.

might want to (I know you don't want to hear this) take them all out and make sure they are in correctly. I'd think something was wrong to have the issues you are.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm beginning to think I might have some carbon/debris of some sort under the copper washers????????? my next ?? is how is the best way to clean the sealing surface???? for whatever reason I am getting fuel past the copper washers, I'll only have to pull the last 3 injectors "AGAIN"!!!!! I cleaned the threads on the last hole with a shot of brake parts cleaner, wasn't my first choice of cleaning methods, but I couldn't get back there with anything else?? thanks for the reply & I guess I'll go back out & pull the last 3 for the 3rd time, hope it's a charm!!! thanks, Dusty
Old 03-07-2006, 08:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's what a bore brush is for. But look into the holes with a mirror and flashlight if you have to, and used a flat screw driver to scrape crud off the injector seat at the bottom of the hole if you have to.

But like mentioned above, those rubber seals are only to keep dirt and water from getting down into the holes...they don't see any fuel pressure.