12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Here's what I've done so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's what I've done so far

Well I bought the truck (the one in my signature) almost 2 months ago. The tranny (auto) would'nt unlock so I had a new t.c. and valve body installed, fixed for now. The rear end was snapping so I changed the dope and friction mod, fixed for now. I changed all the fluids and filters. I pulled the w.g. and it was no good, so I pinched the line, fixed for now. I ordered guages and a piller, and I'm hoping they will be here by tomorrow.

So now for the ????

I was over looking the afc because I want to pull it and check the gov spring. When I was checking everything out I noticed just below the afc and fuel s.off solenoid it was damp. So would that be a fuel leak? what would be causing this leak? I also noticed the rubber fuel line comming off of the metal fuel line above the bell housing looked a bit cracked and dry rotted. Is that a supply line or the overflow line?
The truck gained alot more power when I pinched the w.g. line, but it seems like it wants to give a little more. I am going to order a new overflow valve tomorrow and change it asap.

The truck has the stock exhaust on it with a cat. I plan on choping the cat out until I can order some exhaust. I would like to slide the stock plate forward and washer the gov spring. I have'nt killed the kdp yet and that is a top priority. Does anyone have any pic's on sliding the plate and washering the gov spring?

The truck has 168k on it now and I was able to contact the p.o. and he did nothing to it except routine main. and a tranny or two. Where should I start, I don't want too much more power just what I can get outta stock components (with the exception of a Goerend tranny) Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Banned

You are on the right track. Go ahead and replace all fuel lines and be done with it. Im sure there is a thread on the gov. springs the plate is easy to slide you will have it off if you go through the top for the springs.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:25 PM

That's what I thought. When I was checking out the afc the break off screw was still in so this thing has never been touched. What's the best way to get that break off screw out. I thought about tapping a sockett on it slightly smaller than the head of the break off screw, will that work? Or just get the dremel out and cut it?