12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Cruise Control Servo Relocated

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise Control Servo Relocated

This is a FWIW thread.

I lost my CC for about a year and finally had time to look at it last October. I found the servo totally eaten by battery acid. I called the dealer and was informed that servos were on back order and 300 back ordered. So I set the replace project aside until I could get a new servo.

Last week I called again and was able to get my new servo. So this is what I did:
Removed battery, battery tray and servo. I cleaned the fender area and painted it with battery acid proof paint. I decided to move the servo from this nasty environment. So the servo is relocated. I tested it and it works good. I drove it over some bumpy roads and all good to go. Since this was a short test drive, I will monitor it in the future. Now I need to repair my jury rigged vacuum connection. Two pictures did not attach so here is a picture of the new servo location
Attached Thumbnails Cruise Control Servo Relocated-image.jpeg  
Old 01-16-2017, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by ET RAM
This is a FWIW thread.

I lost my CC for about a year and finally had time to look at it last October. I found the servo totally eaten by battery acid. I called the dealer and was informed that servos were on back order and 300 back ordered. So I set the replace project aside until I could get a new servo.

Last week I called again and was able to get my new servo. So this is what I did:
Removed battery, battery tray and servo. I cleaned the fender area and painted it with battery acid proof paint. I decided to move the servo from this nasty environment. So the servo is relocated. I tested it and it works good. I drove it over some bumpy roads and all good to go. Since this was a short test drive, I will monitor it in the future. Now I need to repair my jury rigged vacuum connection. Two pictures did not attach so here is a picture of the new servo location
Looks good!

The only problem I see is that's the area I have to stuff my big arms thru to change the fuel filter............. Not enough room there now.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly
Looks good!

The only problem I see is that's the area I have to stuff my big arms thru to change the fuel filter............. Not enough room there now.
Good point.

I did consider fuel filter change. I usually tackle that job from the lower left side. But access from the right side is good too. This install can easily be moved for access, if needed, by removing 1 bolt and 1 screw.

I drove to town today and the CC worked beautifully. Happy camper here.
The following users liked this post:
patdaly (01-17-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 11:02 AM
MPT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CC out in my truck too!

My CC light comes on but no worky? I'll check the servo? Other checks I should consider? I have a 97 Dodge 2500 diesel 4X4 with auto.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
MPT, given this and your other symptom, I will just about guarantee you that you have pulled the vacuum hose out of the T on the drivers side cowl.