3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Truck Camper and Kore suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update,,,,2 yrs later

So, I sold the camper a while back. We enjoyed it. I added the Helwig big wig swaybar and the Sumo springs after i spoke with Sage@ Carli and he told me the bags would not help my situation. He said it may improve somewhat, but didn't think i'd be happy with them in the long run. Regardless or what anyone says, once you remove the overload springs, and add an offroad suspension designed to soak up high speed bumps, your truck is at the mercy of soft suspension and all that goes with it.We have a 30 foot travel trailer now and the upgrades i made for the slide in are being put to good use.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:38 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Mr Kore coils are stiffer than the weak stockers it came with.
If I decided to haul a hardsided cabover around,I'd keep them and reinstall the factory overload spring,using my carli airbags to elevate the rear.
I'd swap out my regular Hellwig swaybar for one of their Big Wigs.
Big campers on srw trucks give me the ******* anyway. Emergency collision avoidance is sketchy at best. It's gonna roll.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danderson
Mr Kore coils are stiffer than the weak stockers it came with.
If I decided to haul a hardsided cabover around,I'd keep them and reinstall the factory overload spring,using my carli airbags to elevate the rear.
I'd swap out my regular Hellwig swaybar for one of their Big Wigs.
Big campers on srw trucks give me the ******* anyway. Emergency collision avoidance is sketchy at best. It's gonna roll.
Hence the reason I sold it. I'd run it up to 60mph or so, and kinda got use to the floating sensation going down the road while loaded, but I told my wife the same thing. If I have to swerve, we're going over without a doubt. I also avoided the interstate at all costs. Honestly, if it weren't for the Sumo springs, it wouldn't have done near as well. Those things are money well spent.