3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Time for new Exhaust, Need recommendations..

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time for new Exhaust, Need recommendations..

Hello all, been a while since I been on here. My trusty Big Red is 10yrs old now and looks like its time for an exhaust, everythings rusting and starting to split. Truck only has 39K on it and is bone stock. Im looking for a Cat Back kit that will help lower EGT's and that will last a while. Also ease of installation too. I'm not too worried abut having an aggressive sound, although I know it will probably be a little louder than stock, just don't want to have a constant drone on a long trip. Lower EGT's is my main benefit I would like to get so Im not on pins and needles everytime Im around 1300 climbing a hill with a trailer!! What would you guys recommend??
Old 07-23-2015, 07:41 PM

I put on a diamond eys 5" turbo back, good kit. I am happy
Old 07-24-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Badd Dogg Guy19
Hello all, been a while since I been on here. My trusty Big Red is 10yrs old now and looks like its time for an exhaust, everythings rusting and starting to split. Truck only has 39K on it and is bone stock. Im looking for a Cat Back kit that will help lower EGT's and that will last a while. Also ease of installation too. I'm not too worried abut having an aggressive sound, although I know it will probably be a little louder than stock, just don't want to have a constant drone on a long trip. Lower EGT's is my main benefit I would like to get so Im not on pins and needles everytime Im around 1300 climbing a hill with a trailer!! What would you guys recommend??
On my 04.5 I removed cat and muffler and installed a 30" fte resonator, absolutly no drone at all , and has a nice deep tone that will not make the neighbors mad.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:39 PM

Can anybody tell me where is a good place to order a kit from? I look on-line and I'm overwhelmed with so many places, who' the best for an exhaust kit??
Old 07-26-2015, 09:42 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Badd Dogg Guy19
Can anybody tell me where is a good place to order a kit from? I look on-line and I'm overwhelmed with so many places, who' the best for an exhaust kit??
Not sure what you may be looking for but DTR has a complete kit by mbpr...
Old 07-27-2015, 08:07 PM

Looking for a good cat back kit, that wont rust in 2 years, and will help lower my EGT's a little bit. Dont feel like doing a turbo back...... Yet.....
Old 07-27-2015, 08:29 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
A Smarty available here will drop your EGT's 100*+ make the truck way more fun to drive. The store can advise you on their exhaust.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:17 PM

I though alot more people would of chimed in with more options and suggestions since these trucks have been around for a while now....
Old 08-05-2015, 09:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The dtr store has an mbrp system. They sound good. And Larry is great to talk to. I did a flo pro turbo back when I did my deletes. Got a package deal. If you're going to do a system, you may as well do a full turbo back. I like the way mine sounds. Throaty but not loud. I like my truck quiet and my Harley loud
Old 08-15-2015, 09:37 PM

Expandit is absolutely the cheapest well-built exhaust piping you'll get, with more hangers than stock (will cut down on resonation into the cab). I can't comment on their mufflers, but i got a 5" turbo back straight pipe for under $350 shipped to my door.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:11 AM
vrj

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I put a catalytic converter back, MBRP Cool Duals exhaust on my 2005 Dodge Ram last weekend. The only problem I had was seperating the cat. from the muffler/exhaust pipe. I ended up paying a guy at a local auto shop to cut in off for me. I then bought them a case of Corona's since it was 90 deg. outside.

The Cool Duals installation was great. No issues or problems during the installation. The installation piece took me approx. 1hr. with finger tightened nuts and after everything looked fine, I then went back and added anti-seize to each bolt and fully tightened everything.

My test drive after the install. was great. The muffler sounded awesome and not too loud. I need to put more miles on the truck and test while pulling a load to get a better opinion but so far I am happy with the exahust.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 PM

I installed a 5" Donaldson (# in my sig) and was able to use 5"/4" reducers and keep the factory tail pipe. It has a awesome amount of flow, but it is very quite... It's the same muffler that is used on Semi's so it last for a good amount of time and they are very cheap. I'm not a fan of loud diesels trucks when you can make just as much (or more) power with a quite one...