1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Roll Call for 1st gen flatbed pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum.. Here is a pic of my flatbed rig minus a cummins!!

Name:  SL2007_176.jpg
Views: 12643
Size:  63.1 KB
Old 09-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALRIGHT!! Your gonna bump up the Scout...........I cant wait to see it. Nice truck btw..!!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 PM

Real Nice Trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Name:  DSC00562.jpg
Views: 9169
Size:  264.4 KB
Old 09-05-2008, 04:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW Steve! Lookin good! How do you like those 3.54's???

Sent you a PM as well.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Nice. Always good to have a full history of a truck.

My truck was a Cab&Chassis and my Father-in-Law used it to haul agricultural bags around UT, CO, NV, ID, MT and WY. It looked like this when we originally put it together - the bed was new sometime in the '70's and just migrated truck to truck.

I have had the truck since his passing on in '98. I only haul the toys with it and beat around town on errands on weekends. Seems to suit the truck nicely. Every once in a while I contemplate a new bed and probably will get one in the next year. While I have looked at new truck once or twice, I can't justify it as this one runs nice. looks nice and performs the jobs I need it to.

I am always interested in how folks use thier trucks - especially flatbeds. I have made some removable sides and back (ugly - 2x4 and plywood) that are as tall as the sleeper. Allows me to haul all sorts of stuff you don't want loose. I have a number of different tie downs. I have a custom fitted tarp for loads. Since the pictures, I have fabricated steel hold-downs for the ATVs that use a hitch that fits on the 1-7/8" ball on the ATV and fits into a reciever welded to the sides of the bed. Eliminates rachet straps (bad experience once) Anyway, I like the flatbeds as they are very versatile. It is a personal choice, but I would always choose to have a flatbed.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:26 PM

I'm still trying to make up my mind about getting either a quad deck or a flat bed.... The quad deck adds all the weight up high which I'm not sure I want to deal with. I have to do something next year for sure since right now I can only haul one quad at a time and have to leave the bike at home for sure! There is always the possibility of finding a flat bed in the local scrap yards but no hope of a quad decking being there... Time and $ will be the deciding factors most likely.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by New_Dog93
I'm still trying to make up my mind about getting either a quad deck or a flat bed.... The quad deck adds all the weight up high which I'm not sure I want to deal with.
I have seen the guys load and unload with the Quad Decks. Too high for me. It is a scary proposition going up and down the ramps. Another thing that bothers me a little is seeing them go down the road... The truck tend to sway a bit - add a trailer - well a bit more. The Quads are also more out in the weather and more subject to the 70 ish plus wind speeds that they see. With a flatbed, they are better protected from whatever bug storm you run through However, the guys that have the quad beds like them as they can haul the two machines...
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Scout, I love the 2-tone scheme on that truck.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:52 PM

I don't have any pictures on here of my truck yet, but I also have a Knapheide flatbed that is 8 ft. wide x 9 ft. long. The bed is junk though because of rust and I'd like to take it off and replace with an identical aluminum bed except for maybe a short headache rack behind the cab. Really nice trucks you guys have and I know mine doesn't look nearly as good. Cab needs repainted and like I said bed is an eyesore. My truck is also a factory cab/chassis truck, meaning it wasn't sold with a bed on it at the dealership probably. Hey Rich, your truck is also a cab/chassis and I happened to notice that you have the same mirrors I do that mount on the brackets mounted on the doors. I am in need of a passenger's side mirror for mine because my glass broke and it's just a stainless mirror surround without the glass now. Do you know where I can get a new one? I'm thinking if I go to the local Dodge dealer I could probably get the exact copy if I give them the VIN number. Thanks for any advice and I'll also try to get a few pictures up of my truck for a contribution to the flatbeds out there.

Sal

Quick Reply: Roll Call for 1st gen flatbed pics