Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

TS MPV...... First impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TS MPV...... First impressions

So I was able to get ahold of a TS MVP box to play with for a bit after chatting it up with Dennis Last weekend. For those of you that don't know, TS has not abandoned us 24v guys. They have been developing the box for quite some time for the crowd that does not want to tap the wire, but wants more power than the conventional plug-n-play boxes offer. Installation was a snap, It was in in less than 15 minutes.

I previously ran a Bluechip FMS with a VA V5 for timing. The combo worked pretty well, and of all the other timing boxes I have run with the FMS the VA seemed to provide the biggest kick in the pants down low. Not that I did not believe that the MVP was going to work, but as I tend to be with 24v parts, I was not expecting crazy results from "another timing box."

I was wrong.

This thing hits harder down low than any other timing box I have ever used. It is verrrrry smooth all the way through the RPM band, and does not feel spiky nor does it feel good on the bottom and then fade. It pulls......hard......all the way through the RPM band. I first ran the truck with the MVP only. Did I mention it is adjustable? TS has either a 3 position switch or an infinitely adjustable **** like the MP8. I went with the **** because I tend to "fine tune" stuff. Anyway, with the MPV at 50%, it felt like it was pulling as hard as the VA. The truck was also noticeably cleaner......even off idle. Then I turned it all the way up and was not prepared for the results. It was pulling like I had the FMS on 20%, but the FMS was off. After blasting around town for a bit and calling Dennis to report my results, I informed him that I was not sure about flipping the FMS on he told me to go ahead and throw the fuel to it, so I did and let me just say that even at 31% on the FMS, you better have the truck pointed straight. It hit harder down low than the truck ever has. EGT's were down, and once the charger was up, it was cleaner to boot. I was unable to get in some full-blown "hold my beer" hits, but I plan on sneaking up to Steele for test-n-tune Sunday to get in a lap or two.

I am very impressed with this box. It definitely woke the truck up more than I expected, and the truck just runs like a raped ape now. For anyone running a fuel-only box like the FMS or TST, the MVP should be on your "economic stimulus check" wish list. It impressed the poo out of me. I may try to dyno it back 2 back with the VA at the Comp D race in a few weeks on Dunbar's dyno so we can get some numbers up for everyone.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:55 PM

Timbeaux please keep us imformed, I my be interested in this box.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Ben

COOL!!

Keep us posted. I'm liking the infinitely adjustable **** idea....
Old 05-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Banned

Well, I have run the box since Friday, and I am still very pleased with it. It is far less smoky than the VA was, even with the FMS on. I destroyed an old Fox-Body 5.0 saturday and the guy in the Mustang rolled down his window to tell me that he was impressed with the truck. It is definitely much more fun to drive around town. I can blast around and not make near the smoke that I once would. With the FMS set on kill, the truck will still cause an eclipse from idle, but I have found that I really don't need all that fuel to go get groceries. I have been running with the FMS about 1/2 the way up for the last few days. I was unable to get to the track Sunday, (wives generally like you to stay with them on your anniversary) but I plan on going Friday night.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Banned

Looks like we are heading up to the track tonight for a lap or two. I'll let you guys know how the new piece performs.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Chapter President

Hope it improves the track times for you timmy.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 PM

Talked to TS today said they are waiting for the wiring harness to be made. Box will be adjustable, will produce aproximately 100hp turned full tilt. Sounds like a good box to stack with a fuel box.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by timbeaux38
Looks like we are heading up to the track tonight for a lap or two. I'll let you guys know how the new piece performs.

Welp... The 3+ year old scotch-lock on my FMS ground took a poo at 30 feet out Friday night... seeing as how the MVP was the only working boost fooler I had when the FMS shut off and it was trying to go through the FMS to the ECM, I had a *slight*problem

I bet the truck was only making about 150 hp down the track... It was a long drive home

Chip helped me diagnose the problem yesterday morning, so I should have it lined out soon.

The worst part is that the Track Manager was plugging the hell out of the Comp D race as I pulled into the water box and told the crowd about all the quick diesels that should be there.... "Like that blue one in the right lane"

Needless to say, I think the crowd was less than impressed

No biggie, I will redeem myself Friday... It just sucks that I get a fueling gremlin for the 1st time ever about 30 feet from the beams
Old 05-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by 98.5Hotrod
Talked to TS today said they are waiting for the wiring harness to be made. Box will be adjustable, will produce aproximately 100hp turned full tilt. Sounds like a good box to stack with a fuel box.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 hp out of a plug and play?!?!?!??!?! Holy carp!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:55 PM

Saw the dyno sheets my self , they will b included with the box

SAE corrected Super Flow Dyno , that thing can tell you anything if you want to hook all the stuff up
Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Ben

Does it pull real well in the upper rpms (as well as a plug and play box can) like the smarty?
Old 05-13-2008, 08:16 PM

Yes it took peak HP from around 2700 to around 3100 +

It has what they call a POT adjustable ****
Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 PM

I was under the impression that you can only get 65 hp from a plug-n-play
box. That to get 100 hp you have to tap the wire. How are they getting 100 hp without tapping the wire ?
Old 05-13-2008, 09:33 PM

Its been how many years sence those 60 HP boxes were made ???? New programs and new Ideas help
Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Ben

Originally Posted by Rods
Yes it took peak HP from around 2700 to around 3100 +

It has what they call a POT adjustable ****
Holy poop.........!

That's awesome

Quick Reply: TS MPV...... First impressions