Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

:For thoes who havent heard:My near fatal tow rig accident CTD vs logging truck(PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation :For thoes who havent heard:My near fatal tow rig accident CTD vs logging truck(PICS)

Hey now that I have internet back I thought I'd share my accident with you. I cant remember anything about the accident but this is what I was told. I was on Sly Park Road going about 50mph and collided head on with a logging truck. My truck bounced back 40 ft and the logging truck back about 20ft. Both trucks were totaled...yes I totalled a semi truck!!!! I am truley lucky to be alive, I thank god everyday for my life.

My injuries
I was told I was pinned in the drivers seat and they had to tear off the door to extract me. I was flowen by helicopter to Sutter Roseville and spent 6 days in ICU and a total of 16 days in the hospital.

*Consision
*Blood on my brain
*Broken jaw
*Missing teeth
*Collapsed lung
*4 broken ribs
*Bleeding spleen
*Dislocated hip
*Broken pelvis
*Broken ankle
*Broken heel bone
*Broken elbow

I should be dead

It's been over a month now and I still can't walk and still eating through a tube. I've lost 38lbs.....but I'm still in good spirits and I'm lucky to be alive. I

I cant remember a damm thing. But I was told I crossed over the double yellow and the Logger was sent to the hospital and released later that day.

This happened on my way to work on a road I know really well. I wish I knew what happened so I could correct the problem. I am now in in market for a much slower 2003 CTD. I will be slow lane dan now.

drive safe and god bless

Drivers side

My Bloddy Airbag

Drivers seat
Old 02-06-2006, 04:16 AM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Absolutley incredible. You are very fortunate indeed to be alive. Hope all goes well with your recovery/
Old 02-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Hoping for a quick and complete recovery.

WOW!!!
You mean that used to be a truck?

Gives the statement "I'd rather be a Hammer than a Nail" a whole new meaning.
Just imagine if you'd been driving one of those High MPG "Econo-Coffins".
Old 02-06-2006, 05:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unbelievable!! I never knew that an 2500 could be made into a compact vehicle. God obviously isn't done with you here on earth yet or you wouldn't be here anymore. Glad you survived. We'll be praying for a speedy and complete recovery.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:19 AM

Wow, It gives u a different outlook on life. I was in a near fatal accident as well. No where near that bad. It is prolly better you dont remember it.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Banned

Glad you are recovering. Pics must be scary for you to look at. They're scarry for me to look at...
Old 02-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Count your blessings.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:44 AM

WOW, very lucky buddy! Take care and enjoy the rest of your life. And I mean TAKE CARE. Also looks as tho you had optima batteries (Red's). And looks like one of them survived also
Old 02-06-2006, 07:17 AM

Man I that was bad !! I was in a bad mortorcycle wreck back in April a teenager ran a red light and hit me head on I have steel plates in my face and in my hip and leg.God was on the seen there were 4 EMT nurse's on the spot emediently.It will hurt when you start rehab but it doe's help and the more you can do the qwicker you will heel.
God bless !!!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:20 AM

Thank God you survived. Just shows how tough these are. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:41 AM

Looks like the Optima Red Tops survived.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow. It is amazing that anyone sitting in that truck could have survived. Friend, you've been given a second chance. Don't take it for granted.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hoss
Wow. It is amazing that anyone sitting in that truck could have survived. Friend, you've been given a second chance. Don't take it for granted.

My thoughts exactly, while I was looking at the photos! Will be praying for your recovery and hope all goes well. Angels are better than airbags and if we only knew how much we are protected we all would be so much more appreciating for our lives. Goodluck,,Rick
Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
If your werent a religious man before I bet you are now. Its goo to know you made it out and recovering. Interesting to see how the safety engineering on the truck did what it did. The driver compartment looks as good as one could expect, nothing ended up in your lap....
Old 02-06-2006, 11:19 AM

God Bless you Man, Those are some incredible pictures. Take advantage of this second chance.

Quick Reply: :For thoes who havent heard:My near fatal tow rig accident CTD vs logging truck(PICS)