Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

A story on good customer service

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
A story on good customer service

As we so often hear about all the bad customer service, I thought Id share a quick story about a good customer service experience.

A week ago, my son drove his truck some 400 miles to visit his Grandmother, and then another 100 miles to visit his friend who recently joined the Marines.

We, as parents, were very hesitant to let him go as he had two tires in very poor condition. However, he had his mind set and was going regardless.

When he reached his Grandmothers house... before he even walked in the door, she took him down to the local tire shop and bought him a tire.
Well, to prevent him from having two different sized tires, we chose to get him a 2nd tire.
The next day, he was off to travel to the Marine base. He called me to complain about how "sloppy" the truck felt with the two new back tires.
He said that if felt like the side walls were folding under when he turned and that the back of the truck was "loose" feeling with those new tires.
The next day, he drove the 400 miles home.

Well, last Saturday, we visited the local sister store as the place where he bought the tires has no locations near us, but this sister store honors the other stores warranties/purchases.
Upon explaining to the local sister store what took place and the end result is a truck that is unstable, we were told that the instability was due to having mismatched tires (Old Toyo's up front and brand new BFG's in the back).
They also informed me that the only cure was (of course) to buy two more BFG's for the front and proceeded to tell us that 4x4 trucks HAVE to have the same tires all the way around. (both make and size).
Well, while the tire sizes were the same all the way around, we couldn't afford two new tires for the front. As the Toyos up front were still decent, I asked what our options were.
The response was: "Well, let me call the original store where you bought the back tires".

We waited for a while.
When he returned, we were told that our local store was going to GIVE us two new BFG tires for the front of my son's truck so he'd have a matched set all the way around and back-charge the original store.
He said it was the original store's issue as they should never have let my son leave without a matched set of four.

End result, our local tire store made it right at no cost to us.
As these are not cheap tires, I was impressed with both their customer service and their willing to make it right (and he free tires).

Just thought I'd share this as there are still pockets of good customer service out there.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That just put a smile on my face
Old 07-21-2014, 01:22 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
So what's the name of the tire chain. They deserve to be rewarded...... with my business.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The local tire chain is "Discount Tire".
Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DieselDaze
The local tire chain is "Discount Tire".

Yep, sounds like something they would do. I moved all my business to them a couple years ago and haven't regretted it one bit. Great company and good prices.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:36 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the post.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep, all my tires comes from either Discount Tire or the Tire Rack.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definately great to hear. Just wish there were those places here in Canada.