VADTR #7 Forum for the Virginia Chapter #7

Looking for Member list

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Looking for Member list

Hello all you Chapter #7 Folks,
I know I have been a little slack on sending out emails, but I have tried to bring attention to gatherings in our neck of the woods on the forum. However, my biggest problem is that my home computer decided it ain't gonna start Windows after I did a reboot and Dell tells me I have no other choice but to reinstall XP which will wipe out everything that was on it.
Sooo,,,,, is there anyone of the VADTR members out there that may still have a copy of the Member list (Excel spreadsheet) I used to send out every now and again? If so, could you email it to me?

RATTLINRAM@juno.com

I'm going to try and get back on top of this again starting in January and hopefully start getting some "Meet & Greet",,,, "Wrench Days",,, and other events brought up for discussion after the holidays are done with.

Thanks and enjoy the Holiday Season!
Dennis
Old 11-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's coming to ya.

Rick
Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Thanks Rick
I should have backed my stuff up, but you know how good I am at procrastinating. I did have most of my pictures backed up but still lost a few. I really didn't have that much stuff on it and there still may be a slim chance I can find someone that might be able to retrieve some of the files before I reinstall everything.
It's just about time for another Appliance shoot ain't it?

Dennis
Old 11-15-2007, 06:18 AM

Dennis,

If you get me the drive, I'll see what I can get off of it for you. That is if you haven't slicked it yet....
Old 11-15-2007, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by butchera
Dennis,

If you get me the drive, I'll see what I can get off of it for you. That is if you haven't slicked it yet....
Hey Butch,
I'll bring ya the whole shabang if you want to see what you can do. It would not boot from the XP disk. I can get to the Repair Console and it does it's thing, but apparently it ain't doing no repairing. I still get a error message saying one of the System32 files is missing or corrupt. (I think that was the message,, I haven't had time to mess with it lately.) It originally started when I was doing a computer restart. It came up with this;
"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file."

So I did some reading on the MS site which gave some options for a fix. After following the instructions for that fix is when I got rid of the hal.dll error, but come up with the one that's on it now.

I think it boils down to the need to be smarter than the equipment that you're trying to operate and I just ain't cutting it!
I'll PM you my number and you can give me a call if you feel like messing with it. Thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 AM

Not a problem. As long as the drive itself is not damaged I should be able to recover everything. You will still be better off reloading, but at least I can save your data.

PM away.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Administrator

BIG THANKS to Butch!!!
He was able to perform a successful operation on my computer. Opened it up,,,, put it's little heart on this gizmo machine that kept it alive,,,, got all my files off and stuck them on this other gizmo,,,,,,,, slapped it back together and stuffed the XP back in it along with my files and now I'm back in business.

I will get the updated member list sent out to all the VADTR members as soon as I get some free time.

All of us might want to keep an eye on THIS NCDTR #18 THREAD too. I missed this event last year and I'm betting it will be better this year.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Hey Dennis, I have a new e-mail address.......cdize2@verizon.com
Old 12-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fishcop
Hey Dennis, I have a new e-mail address.......cdize2@verizon.com
Got it Chip,,, I'll change it on the member list also.