TXDTR #8 Forum for the Texas chapter #8

March at The Ranch!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AggieJustin
Great! So we're skipping from Friday straight into Sunday?? Why couldn't we cancel a week day when I was supposed to go to work??
I'm still going up tomorrow. I have a DR appointment at 8:45 and should be at The Ranch by noon.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I'll be there as well. Just let me know when you're headed that way. I have one call in the morning, then I'm off the rest of the day.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
I'll be there as well. Just let me know when you're headed that way. I have one call in the morning, then I'm off the rest of the day.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Chapter President

Many, many thanks to Justin for helping me out at The Ranch today. It still does not look the same, but it looks much better.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I watch wind blow...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys. long time no chat. I hate to see that everyones schedules aren't lining up... as for me I moved from PA to AR two weeks ago for a 3 week layover at our production facility for training. and this weekend I move to IA, and then in august we move to WEST TEXAS and then michigan for the winter

we have been very busy... and I am happy to report that the new VW Passat has achieved 49mpg on the highway twice
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by 03RAMBUNCTIOUS
..... been very busy... and I am happy to report that the new VW Passat has achieved 49mpg on the highway twice
Two vehicles or no more CTD??

RJ
Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I watch wind blow...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still have the CTD, its been for sale since about thanksgiving 2011 (no luck). work lets me use a 2011 Chevy 2500HD gasser.

So I have been trying to sell the CTD, but I have decided that now it's going in to storage. there is a lot of uncertainty for the wind business in 2013. and the truck is paid for and just fine so I am going to store it.

Speaking of that I need advice, what kind of prep should I take to store it for 6-10 weeks at a time? sta-bil? sea foam? un plug the batteries?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:16 PM

Opinions vary but I would......
- undo the neg terminal
- Keep tank very full
-Preferable drive it but at least once a month, start it up to circulate all fluids!
If not driving it.... frame up on 4 jack stands can be beneficial.... allowing 4x4 idleing to turn over the differentials and greased bearings/u-joints.
No diesel fuel treatment required if less than a yr, IMO, but could not hurt.

RJ
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 AM

Well, the old Dodge let me down.

I went to Giddings this weekend and when I rolled into town on Friday afternoon, it did a cut-out/dead pedal thing for a split second. I changed out the fuel filter just to be sure, and it was fine for the rest of the weekend. When I left last night to head back home, I was about 20 miles into my trip when it cut out 5 times in less than a mile on the highway. I made a u-turn and headed back to Mom's house before I got stuck on the road. On the trip back, it never cut out, but it did feel off. Not really down on power when you put your foot into it, but it did feel like it would hesitate with partial throttle while cruising.

Luckily we have extra vehicle at the house, so I moved all my stuff over to Mom's truck and headed back home. It's just not the same cruising down the highway in a quiet '05 with an auto transmission. My left foot and right hand were thoroughly bored/confused by the time I got home.

Mine is headed to the repair shop this week. Keeping my fingers crossed for something simple (and cheap), but figuring on a new VP44. Ah, the joys of 24V ownership...
Old 07-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Chapter President

Hate to hear that. Is that the original VP?
Old 07-23-2012, 10:34 AM

No, it was replaced back in 2007 when it died at the dyno in Burleson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)
Old 07-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Chapter President

At least you were not 1200 miles from home like I was.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
At least you were not 1200 miles from home like I was.
Very true, plus I had access to a backup vehicle so I could get back home. When it happened that close to Giddings, I turned around immediately. I didn't want to get to somewhere in the middle of the trip and have it die a couple of hours from my backup vehicles and a couple of hours from my house.

It will be at the shop tonight, so I should hear the news tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:47 PM

I just have to share a funny text I received.

My brother-in-law drove my truck over to the shop this afternoon to drop it off. He has a bone stock '99 auto for his farm truck. I told him that in addition to cutting out, it felt a little sluggish at part throttle. He just sent me a text saying "sluggish my ***"...so I guess he made it to the shop. LOL!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:14 PM

Well, still no news from the Dr. with a diagnosis. Wouldn't you know, it doesn't want to act up for him when he runs it around on a test drive. He's tried a bunch of different scenarios and it hasn't done anything. He said the APPS was showing rock-solid output voltage while driving according to his scanner, so unless it's an intermittent APPS problem I guess we rule that out. Fuel pressure has been solid as well, so it doesn't look like a fuel delivery problem.

He has another week to work with it since I'm going to be traveling this week. If he doesn't find anything this week, I'll run down to Giddings next weekend and bring it back up here. Anyone want to be on standby duty with a trailer in case she decides to stop short of home??

Quick Reply: March at The Ranch!