TXDTR #42 Forum for the Texas chapter #42

Stephenville January Meet/Possible dyno day.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mcolectd
And I might bring my brother but thats a second gen. If I can get him to stop thinking about that damngirl for long enough to do some cool truck stuff. If I could get him to spend money on his truck instead of his girl we could make it badass, but every penny he gets he spends it on her
thats funny i am exactly the opposite, i spend all my money on my truck. i always get hollered @ when i buy something for my truck instead of buying her something. i may make it to alvarado for the pull, i aint pulling with my truck of couse but if it was a 4wd i would.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Hey guys I'm considering gettin an 04 quadcab, auto, 4x4. Has a flatbed, front replacement bumper, goodyear wranglers and 113000 miles. Anything bad I need to know about third gens? anyone want to help talk me out of it? Randy, I'll try to get ahold of you tomorrow to pick up my old exhaust.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by tweeder_51
Hey guys I'm considering gettin an 04 quadcab, auto, 4x4. Has a flatbed, front replacement bumper, goodyear wranglers and 113000 miles. Anything bad I need to know about third gens? anyone want to help talk me out of it? Randy, I'll try to get ahold of you tomorrow to pick up my old exhaust.
Ill be gone til evening. No hurry, I was just bored and driving around. Nothing bad other than a weak auto, like any dodge auto. But if you treat it right it will live. Theres a guy running twins with stacked chips that is on a totally stock tranny.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by psd tuner
thats funny i am exactly the opposite, i spend all my money on my truck. i always get hollered @ when i buy something for my truck instead of buying her something. i may make it to alvarado for the pull, i aint pulling with my truck of couse but if it was a 4wd i would.
Haha ya thats me too. The funny thing is though, that my gf buys me stuff for my truck half the time, and then pretty much everything I get, she copies me and gets it for her truck too
Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by tweeder_51
I'll help talk you out of it....don't do it. I think you should keep your truck instead.

Dawson
Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 AM

And I might bring my brother but thats a second gen. If I can get him to stop thinking about that damngirl for long enough to do some cool truck stuff. If I could get him to spend money on his truck instead of his girl we could make it badass, but every penny he gets he spends it on her
LOL, hey randy does this sound like some one else we know....
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Chapter President

I'm in for alvarado, and a convoy sounds badass but itd be outa the way for me to drive to stephenville then back to alvarado. I'm bringing some people too. A powerstroke( i know its a powerstroke but its my girlfriends and one of the most kickass powerstroke western hawler duallys ive ever seen, especially for a girl) and one or two more third gens
It'll be good to have something other than just trucks that look good there.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
It'll be good to have something other than just trucks that look good there.
oh god sounds like i'll get slapped for looking haha
Old 01-14-2008, 07:50 PM

Haha hey now yall better watch it
Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
As long as your wanting to get a diesel your welcome to the club, but your conversion is more than enough to get you in. How's everything in Midland?
Sorry,...had a computer melt down

Dusty & Dry as usual, had winter seed in the ground for 2 months now. Good thing we made hay in the summer.

Quote:

I ain't old, but I ain't no college kid either....what part of Wes Taycksus u frum?
There ain't nuttin wrong wit dem college kid's,....usually have a few hottie's hangin' around,....Whydaya think I show up at Deleon? lol

I's frum Midland area

Voted on yer truck also,...gotta love them Chebby's!

I'd like to see how you installed yer I/C some time. My Chebby will be getting a 24v/allison 1000 combo and I need some input on the I/C mount

Ps,... glad you liked the Leave it to Beaver joke LOL
Old 01-18-2008, 10:31 AM

Hey guys, I have a little topic of discussion you might know something about. I would like to know who is considered the fastest diesel (any mfg.) in Stephenville. The best run Ive seen so far was a white Dmax with stacks and BlueandSilver02. The Dmax said he had an ATS tranny, and EFI live on a stock charger....not sure if thats all or not but it runs great. I had heard he was the fastest but I was ridin shotgun in a 02 Dodge with a 64/14 turbo, 200hp sticks, Edge Comp, and an OFE clutch. We got three runs from a roll and the Dmax took two of them. He was killing us on take off due to the lag of the big turbo but once we spooled we reeled him in hard til another shift....Not making excuses but a little N2O would have cured that problem. Id like to hear what else we have running around here......Im putting a new combo together and dont want to bring a knife to a gunfight
Old 01-18-2008, 07:34 PM

Ya that white dmax is really fast. Charlies blue dodge is pretty quick too. He as 150 sticks, a bigger turbo(not sure what) a smarty, tst, and tq converter, at least thats all he had when I left at the end of the sem. He told me he was about to do a new tranny. His is lowered too, which is gay compared to the way it used to sit, but i bet its faster because of it. Theres a black 3rd gen with stacks thats pretty quick too. Runs right with charlies blue one, but I have no idea what he has done other than smarty. Gas wise though, that black srt10 hemi is real quick. I've ridden shotgun in about ten races and he hasn't even come close to losing yet. Hes got a cam and all kinda other goodies, and knows what hes doin cause his family runs hotrod drag boats,and cars
Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 PM

I would bet the farm I own the quickest pump gas truck in the area....course it is broke down too . I spent three years on an S-10 that has a 410cid turbo gasser. I am running Dart Pro 1 220's, Custom EFI, and a 76mm garrett turbo. Only time I had it on the track it ran 7.20 at 98mph in the 1/8th, but it did that with two blown head gaskets and the timing slipped 10 degrees back. My goal was single digits on pump gas, but I got tired of spending money before I got all the bugs worked out. Then I got a pulling tractor and the red truck....S-10 is next on the list to get back going.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:34 AM

Thats awesome. Ya I know theres somebody that'll beat this kid. I even bet that dmax would beat him. Hes just the fastest gasser I've actually seen in the area
Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 AM
Chapter President

I can assure you, mine is too heavy to be fast. But 60hp overcomes the weight and slow shifts enough to keep up with a stock LLY Duramax.

Quick Reply: Stephenville January Meet/Possible dyno day.