TXDTR #42 Forum for the Texas chapter #42

Back to School Meet

Old 07-24-2008, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to School Meet

Well unfortunately its getting close to that time. Guess we ought to all meet up sometime in August or September. Ive got a nice new place with 3 acres where we could park and cook out or whatever. But Im open to whatever. Lets hear it.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:26 PM

Ive only made it to one DTR meet so far but it was a small crowd so Im ready to meet up with everyone. We should try to have it in the middle of the week sometime bc I always go home to work on the weekends....thats just my $.02 worth.

Oh, and has anyone on here done any serious mods to their truck this summer? All Ive done is an Edge Pulse and a new Southbend FE clutch to replace my ruined Southbend Con O but I am about to put some custom 180hp sticks in when I get the time.....should be enough fuel for the stock turbo.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:00 PM

Middle of week will work, as long as its before august 7th (summer class so im here full time) or evenings anytime after that.

Also, if any of ya'll are hunting a place or know someone who is, let me know. I need a 3rd out here.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Chapter President

Sounds like a good idea, I was going to wait until I knew when I was going to be setting up my trailer down there to schedule a meet. Randy if you have enough parking that would be perfect, I was thinking might have to start having them at one of the weigh stations toward Dublin until we got run off from there too.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:50 PM

I might be able to come too! Haven't been on here in a while. I'm waiting on a plane to take off for NJ for a job and will be back on Friday.

Oh, what about upcoming events/pulls/drags....etc.????

I'll catch you guys later! Take care!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:26 PM

I'm fine with getting together at Randy's new place. I was just up there this weekend, and I crossed paths with Shelby. I think I'm going to move in around the 20th.

SO 5.9, Do you still have that HX35 or have you sold it? If you still have it, let me know.

Dawson
Old 07-28-2008, 05:34 PM

sounds great to me im anytime is good for me just let me know
Old 07-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by EatMySmoke
I'm fine with getting together at Randy's new place. I was just up there this weekend, and I crossed paths with Shelby. I think I'm going to move in around the 20th.

SO 5.9, Do you still have that HX35 or have you sold it? If you still have it, let me know.

Dawson
Still have it.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:09 PM

cowboy do you go to Tarleton or local? just wondering
Old 07-28-2008, 10:27 PM

More than enough parking here, and my roommate has an 03 dodge diesel, so we'll get him roped in too.

ol blue will be a little different by then. The stacks are coming off this weekend....I cant handle the drone anymore. She does smoke a smite more now with my new fuel pin lol.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Chapter President

I'm aiming to be down there and setting my trailer up on the 19th.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 AM

I'll try to make it to a DTR meet for once. Havn't made it to one yet, but you never know. That is if I'm still invited since i'm not a Tarleton resident anymore. Haha. Randy, you're place will work good.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by SO5.9
Ive only made it to one DTR meet so far but it was a small crowd so Im ready to meet up with everyone. We should try to have it in the middle of the week sometime bc I always go home to work on the weekends....thats just my $.02 worth.

Oh, and has anyone on here done any serious mods to their truck this summer? All Ive done is an Edge Pulse and a new Southbend FE clutch to replace my ruined Southbend Con O but I am about to put some custom 180hp sticks in when I get the time.....should be enough fuel for the stock turbo.
I made a lot of mods... completely different truck, haha. Pretty much all I did was get a new truck, switch most of my stuff over to it, got some new tires, and built my own inake. Oh and sold the quad for a SMARTY. I'm looking at getting an OFE here pretty soon if I can get some bills paid off.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM

Mequade you'd better go ahead and get the FE with your future mods.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:37 PM

I dono, I heard the FE pulls terrible. Plus, I don't have a huge list of mods in my future. I only want about 550hp or so, and I've heard of people's OFEs holding up to 600+. Granted probably not every one of them will do that, but it should be good enough for what I need. If I was gonna go with more than the OFE then I'd prolly go with the 3600DD. I've talked to a bunch of people on here with it, and they say it pulls great and will handle plenty of power. Not really a good go fast clutch though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Back to School Meet